Full Moon at the Sandspit Wednesday Aug 5

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Mark

Full Moon at the Sandspit Wednesday Aug 5

Post by Mark »

We did this a couple times in the past, paddling out to the Sandspit at the mouth of the North and South Rivers at low tide, watch the full moon rise over the ocean as the sun sets, have a picnic dinner, play frisbee or beach football, etc. then paddling back on the incoming tide. Kate and I are planning to do this tomorrow evening with my brother and my daughter. If anyone would like to join us, please post to this thread.

Launch from the Driftway in Scituate around 6:00 - 6:30. Low tide is about 6:15, with Full Moon Rise at 7:45 and sunset at 7:58. Forecast is for hot summer weather, and a 20-30% chance of T-storms (20% after 7PM), SW winds at about 10 knots.
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

Can't make it, but one of these day's I will.
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
getnoutside

Post by getnoutside »

Mark,

I may be up for this. Don't wait around. I'll either show at the launch, meet you at the spit, or be a no-show.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Steve: OK, great. Jess and I will be launching probably more like 5:30, and then Kate and my bro will be putting in probably closer to 6:15 - 6:30. We are going to keep an eye on the weather and probably make a Go/No Go decision at around 3-4PM. So far it looks like 30% chance of T-storms. Of course if it is cloudy that will kind of spoil sunset/moonrise.

I'll post later in the afternoon if anything changes.

Mark
getnoutside

Post by getnoutside »

Sorry... it's a no-go for me. Something came up at work.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'm cancelling this. Forecast is now 90% chance of thunderstorms at 7Pm in Scituate.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Oh, c'mon ya wussy! Who's afraid of a little thunder and ligh{{,_}_},,,,,,,,

NO CARRIER