Method #1 - Hosting your images on another server:
You must know the URL of your image that is hosted elsewhere. Then, the simplest thing to do is to click on the "Img" button above where you enter your text, and then paste the URL in between the opening and closing tags, so it looks something like this:
Code: Select all
Method #2 - Uploading your images as an attachment:
If you don't have a server where you can host your images, or if you simply don't know what that means, you can attach an image directly to a post.
First, please resize large images! Most digital cameras take images that are far too wide to fit on a computer monitor. If you simply attach the original image, no one is going to be able to see the entire thing. They'll have to scroll around and see little pieces of it. Most digital cameras come with some form of rudimentary image processing software. Perhaps I'll write a post with options on how to do this. I recommend no larger than about 800px wide.
- Go to the location in your message where you'd like the image to appear.
- Now scroll down a little to the "Upload attachment" section.
- Click on the "Browse" button.
- Locate the image on your PC. Click on the filename and then click "Open".
(Mac users, sorry if these instructions don't match what you see. I don't have a Mac.)
- Enter a comment if you want. Totally optional. You can enter comments in your regular text if you prefer.
- Click "Add the file".
- Once the file is uploaded, you'll see a new section "Attachments".
- Click the "Place inline" button to insert your image at the current location.
Any questions, email me.