Anyone paddling on Sat?

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

lora925

Anyone paddling on Sat?

Post by lora925 »

If anyone is paddling on Saturday and you wouldn't mind a tag along, please let me know. Thanks - Lora
kayakerjnj

Re: Anyone paddling on Sat?

Post by kayakerjnj »

Busy Saturday, but Sunday might be a possibility if the weather is a promising as predicted.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
lora925

Post by lora925 »

I'm busy on Sunday, so I'm still looking for company on Saturday :)
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

I'm down on the Cape and am going to Nauset harbor to play in the surf from 9 ish to about 1.30-2 ish..... Low tide 8.51am, high tide 2.46 pm. I usually go alone so only paddle on an incoming tide for safety and usually only play inside the inlet....worst case scenario I get washed in and use the Cape Cod self rescue technique of standing up!!! I usually practice a few rolls and generally paddle around in the rough spots to gain experience. A long hike from Weymouth but no one else answered your post!! You really need a dry suit this time of year.
lora925

Post by lora925 »

Briggsy, Thanks for the offer, sounds like fun to me but I will have to decline this time. My free time has now been filled with a rare outing with my spouse for a change. FWIW, I did just pickup a dry suit recently but apparently I've not applied enough zipper wax yet as I still can't move the zippers on my own :(

I would love to hear more about the usual conditions at that spot of yours and hopefully come check it out with you sometime. Thanks - Lora
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi Laura, i am the guy that went for pizza after North river trip. i am going to go to Black's creek after church service. i am launching
about one p m you can call my cell for directions. if you don't get an answer, it's becasue i am in church. so ooo please leave a messege, and i can give you directions. Johnboy/. 617 877 0039 please join me, it will be fun,
Johnnyboy
lora925

Post by lora925 »

Thanks for the offers today, both on and off list, but I was busy teaching this morning and the playing in a concert this afternoon. Hopefully, I will get out again next weekend.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi Lora, I hope you get a chance to go there, even by your self. It's something keeping
check on the tide. it's controlled by a flood gate and for some reason, the tide is usually
a bit later than on a chart. it's a blast. i can spend three or four hours exploring. many times
i startle a bird, like a larg big blue heron, and they startle me too. it's a lot of fun, i hope you
go sometime. Johnboy
Johnnyboy