I'm a new member.

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

patmball

I'm a new member.

Post by patmball »

Hello,

I'm a new member to Wild Turkey Paddlers....I haven't met anyone yet.

I've had a kayak for a few years and taken 1 lesson. I also row with Whaling City Rowers - - - the whaling boats, in New Bedford. And I'm going to learn how to scull this coming summer. I haven't 'rolled' my kayak, and have only kayaked in calm waters. I'd like to build my experience and possibly have some lessons - - - for safety.

I love to kayak and would like to do it more often and this group looks perfect. I live in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. I"m happy to travel on weekends to join up with other paddlers.

What kind of kayak do I have? No idea! It's green, and pointy at both ends. It's not a sit on top type.

My name is Pat ... I'll go by PatMB, since there is more than 1 Pat.

Regards,

PatMB
norm

Re: I'm a new member.

Post by norm »

Welcome to the group. I don't have time to say much as I'm busy at work, but I know our regular welcoming ambassador no longer has access to this site from work, so I thought I'd be the first to say hello.

Hello :D

Norm
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

Welcome Pat,

I'd say the best way to get your feet wet in this group is to come to our skill sessions at Camp Kiwanee once they start up. That way you'll get to meet a few of the regulars and we can assess your skill level, work on a few things if we need to and see where you would best fit in.

Keep an eye on the forum for when this year's sessions start up.

Nelson
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Welcome Pat!

As Nelson and Norm suggested, stay tuned, we'll be posting our Thursday night paddles / skills sessions very shortly!

Hope to see you on the water.

Cheers!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Kayak widow

Post by Kayak widow »

Welcome, PatMB. Although I don't kayak, I know this to be a very nice group, since I've met several members through my spouse. Definitely watch for a skill session and some trips as the water warms up!
Like a "football widow", I lose my spouse to kayaking for some part of pretty much every weekend :-)
Linda

Post by Linda »

It's always nice to expand our group, Welcome!
Do you have any time off during the week? I work part time and paddle weekdays, too... always looking for paddling partners. I'm in Mansfield and have paddled around your area. Perhaps we could get together some time for a relaxed paddle.
Linda!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
Jane

Post by Jane »

Hello,

I'm too am new member to Wild Turkey Paddlers....and I haven't met anyone yet.

I built a skin on frame kayak last fall so have only had very limited experience with the sport. I went to a retreat and got some very basic stroke instruction and a bit of bracing. I definately would like to build my experience and possibly have some lessons - - - to develop skills and learn safety.

I would love to meet some kayak buddies, learn tons more, go surfing and camping and generally spend as much time as possible on the water.

I have read about your Thursday evenings and will try to attend as often as possible.

Whenever any one wants a novice to tag along please let me know

Anxious to meet you all

Jane
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Jane wrote:I built a skin on frame kayak last fall so have only had very limited experience with the sport.

Yabut building your own kayak puts you a couple classes above everyone that bought their 9' rec kayak at Walmart! Welcome to the group!
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
norm

Post by norm »

Welcome Jane!!!
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Welcome Jane to the WTPaddlers!

Stay tuned for our Thursday Night Skills Sessions that will be starting a few weeks, we'll work on everything from basic paddling to some of the most entertaining tricks you should try at home in your boat :D

Seriously, its a great venue to practice with some very skillful people who make practice and refining your boat handling skills a lot of fun.

Hope to see you on the water soon.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan