Cameras

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Dave

Cameras

Post by Dave »

Hey all, I know this topic has been covered before, I checked and it has been awhile. I took my old Pentax Optio WP boogie boarding Saturday morning down at Nantasket. (it was old; the 5 MP version.) It finally gave up after many years, seals didn't hold and it is done. When I bought it there weren't a lot of options for waterproof point and shoots but when I look now and there are dozens! So I would like to get another inexpensive waterproof point and shoot for playing on the water. I would eventually like to save my pennies and get a digital slr, so I don't want to spend a lot but I really do like having a small dependable waterproof point and shoot in the water. We kayaked out to a couple of the islands on Monday and I kept reaching for my old reliable camera and was missing it.

So if anybody has a favorite among the current crop of waterproof point and shoots, please let me know.

Thanks!!!
lora925

Re: Cameras

Post by lora925 »

Here is the link to the updated version of the inexpensive waterproof point and shoot camera that I've been using for the past couple of seasons :)

http://www.buy.com/prod/svp-acqua-dc123 ... 95785.html
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

A co-worker just got one of these and raves about it. Not sure which, but it wasn't the most expensive one. Better deals can be found elsewhere online.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital.asp?section=stylustough
/jms
Wilderness Systems Pungo 120

noseykate

Post by noseykate »

My optio died this summer so I did a LOT of research and decided on the Panasonic Lumix ts2 with the Leica lens. Some ridiculous amount of pixels (14?), waterproof to 33 feet, shockproof to 6 feet drop, HD video. I find it very user friendly, and nice bright viewing screen. Quick startup and shutter release too. So far I'm very happy with it. Have a look at the reviews and see what you think. Panasonic is not a name I associate with quality cameras, but they've made a leap forward, possibly to the head of the pack, with this one.

NK
gifallen

Post by gifallen »

I bought a FujiFilm WP thru Amazon this past spring. I think I paid something around $130. Simple to use and produces great pictures and videos. Very happy with the unit. Takes great underwater pictures too.