Post by Chip »

I am shooting for both
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
Betsy
antispam: No

Re: Thursday Night Hingham Paddles - 2011

Post by Betsy »

First paddle for me tonight. Headed to hingham from Plymouth after work. Is there a place to change clothing at the launch site?...never been to Hingham...from Westport.
norm

Post by norm »

Betsy wrote:First paddle for me tonight. Headed to hingham from Plymouth after work. Is there a place to change clothing at the launch site?...never been to Hingham...from Westport.

Welcome Betsy.

No, there is no place to change at the Hingham beach that we launch from. Sometimes there is a porta-potti in the nearby park, but I don't recall if it is there now or not. Most of us use big pull-over changing robes. I usually change before leaving work.

There is a swimmers beach, next parking lot over, with a place to change but I think it is only open in summer when life-guards are on duty and I think they close at about 5:00pm. It may be for Hingham residents only also, but I have used it in the past, and I'm not from Hingham. I think it is probably still locked up right now.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

My first night with WTP is tonight in Hingham. Is there a place to change clothing? I'm not familiar with Hingham...I'm from Westport.
Betsy
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

norm wrote:
Betsy wrote:First paddle for me tonight. Headed to hingham from Plymouth after work. Is there a place to change clothing at the launch site?...never been to Hingham...from Westport.

Welcome Betsy.

No, there is no place to change at the Hingham beach that we launch from. Sometimes there is a porta-potti in the nearby park, but I don't recall if it is there now or not. Most of us use big pull-over changing robes. I usually change before leaving work.

There is a swimmers beach, next parking lot over, with a place to change but I think it is only open in summer when life-guards are on duty and I think they close at about 5:00pm. It may be for Hingham residents only also, but I have used it in the past, and I'm not from Hingham. I think it is probably still locked up right now.
norm

Post by norm »

For future reference - there is a porta-potti over by the swimmers beach parking lot and it is not locked. Looks like it is scheduled to be cleaned Fridays.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

norm wrote:Looks like it is scheduled to be cleaned Fridays.

Should we be offended by that??

;)
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Sorry I missed everyone. I figured that with the longest day of the year only a few weeks away that the launch would be at 6pm. I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait for a 6pm launch before I can attend.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Chip

Post by Chip »

I thought it was 6:00 as well. I showed up at 6:15 and no one in sight. I paddled around the inner harbor by myself for a while. I'll meet you at 6:00 next time. No way I can do 5:30.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Sorry to those we left out with earlier departure last evening.

As Chip mentioned last night, we're hitting peak daylight hours and we should move the launch time to 6 PM. For those who can get there early, feel free to warm up, do some skills entertain the locals, etc.

Again, my apologies for the early start.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan