Hydration Packs

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Griffd
antispam: No

Hydration Packs

Post by Griffd »

Hi,

I was curious how many of you wear hydration packs while kayaking and if you could recommend a particular brand.

Thanks,

Dave
Briggsy

Re: Hydration Packs

Post by Briggsy »

I use one of those Kokatat ones that clip onto the back of a Kokatat PFD. It is a 50 oz capacity. The actual bladder that came with the "pack" was really crap so I use a 50oz camelbak bladder that I already had which I use on my bike. I drain it and store it open when not in use, so no big deal to swap it out to the bike pack or the kayak pack. I believe they have better bladders now though. I am a big water user so on a hot day it usually lasts till lunchtime then I refill it and it lasts the rest of the day.
Hope that helps
Briggsy
norm

Post by norm »

Dave,

I wear one all the time on my life jacket, but it's just a cheap one that I removed the shoulder straps from and tied onto my PFD. I like it for grabbing a quick sip when in rough water or on a long crossings when you don't want to stop and grab a bottle off the deck or out of the day hatch. Mine holds two bottles of water. I don't use it constantly, so it usually lasts all day but it get's pretty warm in the summer. I drink from water bottles stored in my hatch during lunch and breaks and when in calm water.

I don't remember what brand mine is or where I bought it. It's probably a Camelback. It has a big opening that I find rather difficult to open, but it does seal very well and I have had no problems with leakage.

Norm
Dalerks

Post by Dalerks »

I also use a camelbak that I strapped on to my back. It seems to keep the water cool and makes staying hydrated a lot eaiser.
Joseph
Cetus LV
Griffd
antispam: No

Post by Griffd »

Thanks for all the replies....

Dave