Marshfield Recreation Sea Kayak Camping Trip to the Exuma

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Doug

Marshfield Recreation Sea Kayak Camping Trip to the Exuma

Post by Doug »

Hello Wild Turkeys! If you could use a little late Winter tropical paddling trip please join us for an informational meeting on the Marshfield Recreation Department's Sea Kayak Camping Trips to the Exuma. We will meet at the Marshfield Recreation's Child Care Center next to the Marshfield Library Wednesday, November 6th at 7:30. We will present information on two trips planned for March. We will offer a trip for folks with limited experience and one for those comfortable with longer paddling days. Dates, costs and details will be discussed.
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." - Amelia Earhart
Ron

Re: Marshfield Recreation Sea Kayak Camping Trip to the Exum

Post by Ron »

I plan on being there.
Image P&H Cetus HV
Linda

Post by Linda »

OOOOOOH, sounds WONDERFUL! March is too far for me to plan, right away... but going to 'check it out'... I'll be at the meeting!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
Doug

Post by Doug »

Here is a link to a Facebook post with some photos. March in Mass? Turquoise water? March in Mass? Turquoise water? https://www.facebook.com/douglas.lowry. ... 210&type=1
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." - Amelia Earhart
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

To help you visualize what a kayak camping trip in the Exuma is like I have dug out some old photos from 2007. A group of friends booked a trip with Starfish Outfitter out of Georgetown. The Marshfield Rec trip will mostly be different than this, but there will most likely be many similarities. These photos might help you figure out if this is a trip for you, and should be a good starting point for discussion if you go to the meeting.

Here is the public link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... dcb985935f

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Linda

Post by Linda »

Ok, I'd like to attend this but need to know exactly where to be... Marshfield Rec Dept (Children's Center , Library, or somewhere else?) Is the location900 Ferry St, 1837 Ocean St, what do I plug into my Nav.... Help Please.
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Linda wrote:Ok, I'd like to attend this but need to know exactly where to be... Marshfield Rec Dept (Children's Center , Library, or somewhere else?) Is the location900 Ferry St, 1837 Ocean St, what do I plug into my Nav.... Help Please.

Linda,

The meeting is at the Library plaza. If you face the entrance to the Marshfield Ventress library go around the left side corner. You'll see the entrance to Child Care center half way down. You can park your car right in front of the day care entrance.

Don't go to the 900 Ferry street location. That is in a completely different section of town near Humarock.

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Linda

Post by Linda »

Thank You! Hope to see you there :)
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Marshfield Recreation is looking for one or two more paddlers for this trip.

You do not have to be a resident of Marshfield to sign up. At the moment seven people have signed up including four Wild Turkeys: Ron, Norm, Chip and me.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here are some details on the planned kayak trips to the Bahamas. Let us know if you need any additional information or if we may be of help.

Feel free to pass this info onto others who may have interest.

Sincerely,

Ned

Ned Bangs
Recreation Director
900 Ferry Street
Marshfield
781.834.5543V
781.834.7127 F

WHO: Adults (age 21 and older)

WHEN: March 2104 WHERE: Exuma Cays

FEE: $1,000.00 p.p. (air fare not included) On Reg. Form List: dates and trip

Cays to Adventure" March 24 - 29

This trip will be designed to meet the diverse needs and interests to those participants that are looking for additional time traveling between destinations. Although the final route will be determined by weather and conditions, we will offer opportunities to day paddle after establishing camp. Working on paddling, navigation, decision making skills will also be offered.

Participants will need to fly into Georgetown, Great Exuma by March 23. We will have a group meeting the evening of the 23rd and head for the field early morning on the 24th. We will return from the field on March 29th. Folks will need to arrange a room for the night of the 29th.

Trip reservations will be confirmed with a $200 deposit by December 6th with final payment due December 20th

Trips are limited to 8 participants.

A trip planning meeting will be held at the Marshfield Recreation Child Care Center at Library Plaza on Wednesday January 8 at 7:30. We will go over information about the trips and supply an equipment list and answer any questions.

Please note that a current passport is required to enter the Bahamas.

Participants need to fly into Georgetown, Great Exuma.

We recommend booking a room at www.hideawayspalmbay.com This is where we will meet participants the night before we go into the field and where we will leave and from and return to. There are other hotel options on the island but, you will be required to find transportation to and from this destination. Hideaways at Palm Bay have multiple room and price options, we recommend splitting rooms for those interested in budgeting.

A perfect winter escape for paddlers and campers of various skill levels. Questions? Call the recreation office.