Washburn Island Camping?

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Dick

Washburn Island Camping?

Post by Dick »

I've been trying to reserve a single tent site on Washburn Island through Reserve America sometime in July or August. Every time I've tried, ALL of the sites have already been booked. Any advice or insights? A call to Reserve America yielded no results.

Dick
pat
Site Admin

Re: Washburn Island Camping?

Post by pat »

Here's how it works:

They make sites available exactly six months before the date. So if you want to book a site for July 15, that date will become available on January 15. However... If you book that date, you're also eligible to book up to two weeks from that date for the same site. Therefore, on January 15, you could book a site from July 15 thru July 29.

This can make site booking a gamble. If you really want that site on July 15, you could wait for January 15, OR on January 14, you book the site for July 14 AND 15. Or if you really really REALLY want the site, you book an entire week's worth on January 8. Certainly a lot of people are booking a long block of time in order to get those weekend dates at the end of the stretch.

Hopefully that explains it.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Dick

Re: Washburn Island Camping?

Post by Dick »

Thanks Pat,

I knew about booking 6 months in advance but didn't consider that people might reserve whole blocks of time thereby preventing other people from making reservations. I wonder if people set up their computers to make reservations automatically as the site become available. Possible?

Dick