AMC Hosts Kayak Waveology Slide Show - 4/3/14

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

norm

AMC Hosts Kayak Waveology Slide Show - 4/3/14

Post by norm »

Looking for something to do on a Thursday night in April? Boston AMC is hosting Greg Paquin for a slide show in Boston at the AMC Cabot Auditorium, 4 Joy Street. Times differ between Greg's and the AMC's blurbs about the evening, but it sounds like there is a pot-luck gathering at 6:30 or you can just attend the slide show at 7:00.

Here is the AMC blurb about the presentation: Join Greg Paquin, Sea kayak Coach & Guide and founder of Kayak Waveology, as he presents an adventure discussion & slideshow on how to gather the required personal and seamanship skills and know-how for short and long journeys in our personnel paddle craft, and then live it. The slideshow will present various kayaking locations from Northern New England, to the Canadian Maritimes where the sea moves with a purpose, then to the British Islands of the UK where the Irish Sea moves up to 6 knots or more with no forgiveness, the Pacific North West for a little more remoteness, the Bold Coast USA, US Pacific North West, Canadian Maritimes, North Wales, Isle of Man, Scotland, Outter Hebrides, and Costa Brava Spain.

Info from the AMC about the event can be found at: http://www.hbbostonamc.org/index.php/Table/Boston-Chapter-Slideshow-Series/

RSVP for the show at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=docslist_api&formkey=dHAxNWlrMDMtS3FtNDVpcnMxUG9pR3c6MA#gid=0
josko
antispam: No

Re: AMC Hosts Kayak Waveology Slide Show - 4/3/14

Post by josko »

There'sa pre-presentation-refreshment at P.F. Chang's in Boston. I think it's at 5:30, but stand by for updates. Greg and Paula will be thee.
norm

Post by norm »

josko wrote:There'sa pre-presentation-refreshment at P.F. Chang's in Boston. I think it's at 5:30, but stand by for updates. Greg and Paula will be thee.

I'd be interested in that since I'll already be in Boston and will be looking to kill time between work (quitting time is about 3:30-4:00) and the presentation. I'll be out of touch the week before, March 22 to 30, if there are any arrangements or head counts made at that time.
josko

Post by josko »

Boston P.F Chang's at 1745. Please post here or let me know if planning to come so we can get a decent head count for the table.
norm

Post by norm »

Josko - is everything still on track for dinner at P.F Changs and the slideshow event on Thursday?

Can I give you a yes/no answer on Wednesday about joining you at the restaurant or not?

Thanks,
Norm
josko

Post by josko »

We're meeting at P.F. Changs in Boston on 1730 on Thursday. I guess I'm expecting Norm and Kris. Greg paquin will be there as will a few AMC Boston leaders.
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Russ and I will be there to see Greg's slide show, but we will eat an early dinner at home.
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
norm

Post by norm »

josko wrote:We're meeting at P.F. Changs in Boston on 1730 on Thursday. I guess I'm expecting Norm and Kris. Greg paquin will be there as will a few AMC Boston leaders.

I'll see you at the restaurant. There are 2 locations and I'm assuming you'll be at the one at 8 Park Plaza D6, not the one at the Prudential Center.

Norm
pam

Post by pam »

I'm going to try to make it to the restaurant at 5:30 ish .... Pam
josko

Post by josko »

So it looks like it's Dennis Blejer, Rick Hens, Norm, Kris, Pam, Josko and Greg. We have reservations for 7 @1745 at P.F. Chang's next to Boston Common. Name on reservaton is Blejer.
FWIW, here is an interesting article about Greg Paquin: http://www.surfskiracing.org/2014/03/tw ... aths-good/