Any Whale Sightings?

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

norm

Any Whale Sightings?

Post by norm »

Has there been any recent news about whale sightings in Provincetown or Plymouth lately?

I think I have Sunday free and might want to try a trip somewhere.
Mark G

Re: Any Whale Sightings?

Post by Mark G »

Norm, On Monday 2 Fin, 1Minke and a Right whale were seen from the parking lot at Race Point. Eileen and I are planing one a trip on the 26th. Hope other will join us.
Ken R
antispam: No

Post by Ken R »

Norm,
If you have Sunday free, I would like to reintroduce you to a great winter-early spring activity called skiing.
KR
norm

Post by norm »

Ken R wrote:Norm,
If you have Sunday free, I would like to reintroduce you to a great winter-early spring activity called skiing.

I gotta figure out a time when I can get my right knee scoped and then I might consider trying to ski again. That won't be happening till next ski season at the earliest. I was thinking I'd like to hike up to Tuckerman's with you guys and take pictures, but I don't think I'd make it and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up.

But thanks for the invitation. Hope you're ready to hit the unfrozen water soon!
Eileen

Post by Eileen »

There are at least 90 righr whales in the area now. Many were off Sandwich recently. I went looking for them from Sandwich to Manomet ( on land) but haven' t seen any.
Eileen
flabo

Post by flabo »

Hey Mark
I could be a go for the 26th, it would be my first time in a boat this year, and the last Saturday I'll have off for a while, so I should make the effort if you folks go.
Jim / Quincy
Mark G

Post by Mark G »

The weather looks bad for Saturday so it looks like no whale trip this weekend .
cgr

Post by cgr »

read somewhere yesterday that a bowhead whale is in cape cod bay
flabo

Post by flabo »

Sitting with a friend on Sandy Neck Beach today, we watched a spout of water moving up the beach maybe a 1/2 mile out, thought we saw a wake at one time, but never the whale.

Jim from Quincy