Slackers!

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Finn McCool

Slackers!

Post by Finn McCool »

So...I check back in here for the first time in...I dunno...six months. I was hoping to read tales of rough water adventure in the ice flows, or at least Norm's weekly trip report on some stretch of open water somewhere. Nada. When even the lunatic fringe of the Turkeys is beached, it's one hell of a winter.

I -- and my bionic left hand -- cannot wait to get back on the water after more than a year ashore. The big red tanker has been sitting forlornly in its rack all this time...and, yes, I'm still going to use it. Not a chance of getting something new and sleeker when every extra penny we have has recently been invested in some rather remote real estate. Besides, it's a like an old friend...clunky, slow, and predictable. I don't know how much use it will get this year, but I aim to give it a try as early as advisable. Still working on some casual PT for the hand, so who knows. I'm usually getting out on the bike by now too, but that aint happening soon, obviously.

I'm guessing that Washburn Island will still be drifted over by the time of the annual visit. Or is that even on the agenda this year? Is there even an agenda yet?

Just wondering.
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
norm

Re: Slackers!

Post by norm »

You need to read the site more closely Mike! The agenda / challenge for this year is for everyone who has lead a trip in the past to choose their favorite trip and post it for this year. You are the first person that I did a weekend trip with, so you qualify for that challenge. The challenge is located in the Upcoming Trips forum at: http://wtpaddlers.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3627

Also, if you look in the Trip Reports, you'll see that Bea and I spent a week kayaking with Briggsy in Florida Bay last month. No tales of ice flows, but a lot of long open water crossings and a little bit of rough water (in warm weather). You could probably spend an hour enjoying the trip report with all that Briggsy wrote and viewing all the pictures that Bea and I took and posted in Facebook albums.
The report is here: http://wtpaddlers.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3648

So, you are now challenged to get out there and lead a trip this year! No excuses. I know you can do it!

Norm