Cohasset Little Harbor and Minot Light *CANCELLED*

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

pat
Site Admin

Cohasset Little Harbor and Minot Light *CANCELLED*

Post by pat »

I'm sorry folks, but my foot is taking way to long to heal. I just don't think I'm going to be ready to do this in a couple of weeks.

This is always a favorite trip of mine, but I haven't been in a few years, and I believe it qualifies as my submission for Bea's challenge.

July 29 is a Wednesday. Not sure if that's an issue for many, but the launch spot is popular and not technically public. In the past, we've had no trouble unloading, but we have to park over along the harborside, past the Atlantica restaurant. I figure that on a weekday, we might have better luck all getting parking spots.

The plan is to paddle out of Cohasset Harbor, northwest up the shore a bit and then under the Atlantic Ave bridge into Little Harbor. The tides can make this challenging, so it must be timed right. My experience is that the water is flowing briskly under the bridge into the harbor right at high tide, and reverses direction an hour later. My plan is to reach that bridge to enter Little Harbor around high tide (10:12), so I'm looking at a butts-in-boats launch at 9:00. We can wander around the harbor for an hour then head back out to sea and make a bee-line for the lighthouse. On the way back, there should be a place to stop at Hog Rocks before returning.

I expect this to be a ten mile paddle.

Requirements:
Ability to paddle at least 3 mph for the duration of the trip
Ability to perform solo and assisted rescues
Your boat must be at least 15' long with front and rear floatation and have a sprayskirt

When planning your arrival time, remember to factor in the time it'll take to walk back from where you park your car.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Finn McCool

Re: July 29 - Cohasset Little Harbor and Minot Light

Post by Finn McCool »

Like old times. I'll be there.
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
cychan

Re: Cohasset Little Harbor and Minot Light *postponed to Sep

Post by cychan »

Cindy and I are in. We will be in our 21 ft tandem. Looking forward to paddling with you guys :paddler:

James