3M Protection Tape

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Buck
antispam: No

3M Protection Tape

Post by Buck »

I thought this worth sharing with the group. Last August I bought a 22 year old but very lightly used fiberglass Narwhal with a painted 'teal' deck, a beautiful boat, which scratches easily I discovered. I store it upside down on 2" webbing which, it turns out, rain splatter covers with grit, which scratches the deck when I turn the boat over. This is the worst of it. So, to protect the deck from the webbing I applied '3M Paint Protection Film', which Amazon sells in various widths and in short lengths. I bought 4"x 60" for about $15 delivered. It is extremely easy to apply accurately if you follow the 3M online directions and pretty much disappears. I've also put 2' of it on the forward part of the keel where it lands on the beach and am watching to see if it lasts. It must be tough to sell a well used fiberglass boat. Weighs next to nothing, though. I love it.

Apropos of the miserable weather: Last year I bought short neoprene booties. Penny wise but pound foolish. Should have bought the tall ones as some members recommended.Cheers everyone.
kayakerjnj

Re: 3M Protection Tape

Post by kayakerjnj »

The stuff works great. Koffer Sales also has a embossed vinyl tape that is much more cost effective than the stuff West Marine has. I've used it on the contact areas of the deck to prevent scuffing, from the paddles. Really works well.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan