BCU weekend on Lake Champlain

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Todd

BCU weekend on Lake Champlain

Post by Todd »

The link below describes the BCU (British Canoe Union) Paddlesports Week at Lake Champlain on June 30-July 2.

http://www.ckayak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=915

As you might know, I have followed the web postings of a kayak group in Vermont, as my grandson now lives there and we go to see him often. This is the 3rd annual Paddlesports weekend, and they have events listed for the entire weekend, including Core Paddling, Greenland Skills, Rolling Skills, Navigation, etc. They have kayak coaches and instructors from all over the US involved in the weekend.

It is associated with St. Michaels College and True North Kayak Tours. Their intention is to "help people refine techniques so they get more out of paddling, and develop solid fundamental safety and rescue techniques." They also mention having fun as one of their goals. There will be some white water classes for those ready to give it a try. (I think I want to do that.)

July 2 is the Monday, and obviously the 4th is on Wednesday, so taking 2 days of vacation will give you 5 days off.

There is rooms available at the college at a cost, of course there is camping nearby, and my grandson has a large yard in which tents and bonfires can be erected and he is only 45 minutes from Burlington.

I'm getting ready to put in for my vacation time. I understand that they also brew beer in Vermont.
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170