Lovell's Island Overnight? Friday 28th...

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Johnysmoke

Lovell's Island Overnight? Friday 28th...

Post by Johnysmoke »

Anyone interested in a possible overnight camping trip to Lovell's Island Friday the 28th? See what time is good for people, then head out to the island. Low tide is 7pm or so, so paddling anytime before that would be easy work out of Hull gut. Return sometime mid morning Saturday, or whatever people are interested in.
KEN H.(KAYAK KEN)

Post by KEN H.(KAYAK KEN) »

Count me in John. Lets hope for nice weather.
KEN H.(KAYAK KEN)

John, the 3rd annual Boston harbor islands regatta is Sat. 29th. I would guess that camping on lovels could potentialy be crowded with spectators? It might be good to make reservations early. what do you think?
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

I was planning on just showing up. The rangers always tell me "we can fit you in somewhere," and I think kayakers are a more low impact crowd than a lot of other people who show up out there. We can book if you want, I found it online, but you still don't get a campsite assigned until you arrive.

What time would you like to leave Fri night?
KEN H.(KAYAK KEN)

John,
lets wing it, and see what happens. If we can't get a spot there i'm sure we will find another spot. I think i could get to Hull by around 6ish maybe earlier ,will see if i can modify my work schedual. The forcast says possible T-storms fri, nice on sat..
kayakstew

trip report?

Post by kayakstew »

did you folks end up doing this paddle? sounds like a blast! definitely something i want to work up to doing!! any details? thanks ~steve
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

I bailed because the thought of listening to air traffic all night while I was trying to sleep didn't appeal to me.

You can always paddle out to Bumpkin Island from Hingham harbor, and check out the campsites on that island. A pretty good intro paddle, just don't get stuck in the harbor at low tide, that mud is nasty...