Poster Photos of St John's NF and St Margarets Bay,Peggy's

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

bhotrum

Poster Photos of St John's NF and St Margarets Bay,Peggy's

Post by bhotrum »

If anyone would like photos of St John's NF or Halifax and St Margarets Bay ,Peggys' Cove for posters or just to consider for paddling - I have several, I also have pictures of where Flight 111 Swissair Memorial went in just of St Margarets Bay. Very scenic area, similar to Maine, and when you look out over St Margarets and Peggy's Cove, you just can't imagine a tragedy like that taking place in a beautiful spot like that. It's kind of weird to see so many tour buses there looking at the Memorial and charging people to take them there from downtown Halifax,NS. Anyhow...I paddled Terence Bay Inlet and it is spectacular with Rob Girard's outfit called Sea Sun Kayak - google it and his site/outfit will come up - this I highly recommend for a half-day tour. We did a 7 mile tour of Prospect and Terence Bay out to the Atlantic Ocean and there is lots of great little coves and swim areas to goof off in when you get outta your boat.

All the same this posting is just for those curious about Nova Scotia and Newfoundland paddling possibilities - let me know and I will send the 10 shots that I have of Cape Spear, St John's and Signal Hill, Peggy's Cove and Terence Bay.

barry h.
Image Impex Assateague F/G