Weekend skill session - POSTPONED to Sunday, June 13

Finn McCool

Re: Weekend skill session - POSTPONED to Sunday, June 13

Post by Finn McCool »

Well...yeah...no T-storms...yet. :? But I was just out on my road bike...and went the length of the Cohasset coast and part of Hull and back...and I can tell you that its WINDY out there. Nearly got blown right off the road and the bike several times.

On the bright side...we're currently on a tornado watch. 8)
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
rkhederian

Post by rkhederian »

I would like to join you next Sunday.

Bob
csullivan

Post by csullivan »

Hi all, I am very new to this and would love to join you guys. 1st I have only kayaked on a lake for the past couple of years. I have a B.J.'s special kayak and wouldn't know the difference between a salt water kayak & a fresh water one. 2nd - Helmet's??? 3rd. I'm not familiar with the Sciuate harbor/Hull, etc.but can find it easily enough (I hope) and lastly ..I'm a fresh water gal and have a place on long pond in Lakeville, so don't hold that against me!! :D. Would I be able to participate or should I restock and start over. Thanks
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

csullivan wrote:Hi all, I am very new to this and would love to join you guys. 1st I have only kayaked on a lake for the past couple of years. I have a B.J.'s special kayak and wouldn't know the difference between a salt water kayak & a fresh water one. 2nd - Helmet's??? 3rd. I'm not familiar with the Sciuate harbor/Hull, etc.but can find it easily enough (I hope) and lastly ..I'm a fresh water gal and have a place on long pond in Lakeville, so don't hold that against me!! :D. Would I be able to participate or should I restock and start over. Thanks

csullivan, I think the best place for you to start would be with the recreational paddlers, who have a trip this Saturday (if it isn't full). I certainly wouldn't hold a fresh-water background against you, but it may be that we would be paddling in conditions that your kayak would not handle well. Check the Upcoming Trips forum and see if there's room yet on the recreational kayak trip. And welcome to the Turkeys!

NK
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

Starting a new thread, since this one has become unwieldy and somewhat changed.....

NK