Thursday 7/14

cgr

Thursday 7/14

Post by cgr »

I am planning on going to Hanson tomorrow night, weather forecast looks good.
Ron

Re: Thursday 7/14

Post by Ron »

I am planning on going also.
Image P&H Cetus HV
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Hope you have time to help me work on the roll, Chris! It was so much fun two weeks ago! See you there.
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
cgr

Post by cgr »

Bea - I would be happy to work with you tomorrow.
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

I plan to be cheering on the group!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
norm

Post by norm »

I plan to be there also. I think everybody that was at Hingham, except the new guy John, was planning to come to Hanson this week. That would include Karen, Pam and Nancy. It should be a good turnout.
TraceyJ

Post by TraceyJ »

I'll be there.

Tracey
Valley Aquanaut / white-on-white
P&H Delphin 150 Surf / Yellow
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

cgr wrote:Bea - I would be happy to work with you tomorrow.

Awesome!!! I have been looking forward to this for the last two weeks!!!
Bea
Karen F.

Post by Karen F. »

I was planning on coming this week but I have a conflict commitment and will not be able to make it. I hope to make it next time.
Karen F
cgr

Post by cgr »

Both Bea & Tracey made great progress tonight in their progression towards rolling. Bea was rolling up out of my hands with the hand paddles and showing a nice smooth hip snap. Tracy showed me one of the drills that Kate had her doing last time. I changed it a bit by having her use an inflated paddle float instead of holding my hand, and by her 2nd attempt she had a smooth movement into a layback position on the backdeck.

I have another commitment in 2 weeks, but hopefully Kate will be able to work with them. Otherwise we can aim for another night or just wait for the next session.
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

cgr wrote:Both Bea & Tracey made great progress tonight in their progression towards rolling. Bea was rolling up out of my hands with the hand paddles and showing a nice smooth hip snap. Tracy showed me one of the drills that Kate had her doing last time. I changed it a bit by having her use an inflated paddle float instead of holding my hand, and by her 2nd attempt she had a smooth movement into a layback position on the backdeck.

I have another commitment in 2 weeks, but hopefully Kate will be able to work with them. Otherwise we can aim for another night or just wait for the next session.

Thank you for all your help last night, Chris. So much fun, and things are starting to make more sense to me. I'll be happy to pick another day that week to work with you. Burgers and beer on me.....when/if I nail the roll.

Bea
Bea
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

cgr wrote:Both Bea & Tracey made great progress tonight in their progression towards rolling. Bea was rolling up out of my hands with the hand paddles and showing a nice smooth hip snap. Tracy showed me one of the drills that Kate had her doing last time. I changed it a bit by having her use an inflated paddle float instead of holding my hand, and by her 2nd attempt she had a smooth movement into a layback position on the backdeck.

I'll be out of town that week. And it sounds like they are in good hands with you, Chris. I hadn't though of the paddle float. I'm really strongly oriented toward greenland rolls. Hard to know what to do with those nutty euro-contraptions....

NK