BCU2 training

Sandy V
antispam: No

BCU2 training

Post by Sandy V »

Anyone interested in a BCU2 training session?
I've been in contact with Greg Paquin, kayakwaveology for a Saturday training.
I'm waiting for a response re cost and group size, but would like to know ifthere is other interest.
I did a rock hopping class with them a few weeks ago, and had an absolute blast. Also found out they have many little hints and techniques that can improve my paddle stroke, and therefore make paddling even more enjoyable
Sandy
norm

Re: BCU2 training

Post by norm »

Sandy,

I'm not very interested in BCU ratings, but I'd like to do the Surf 1 class like the one I'm missing this Saturday. I think Bea wants to do the surf class also.

The description of what's covered in the BCU 2 class looks pretty simple - the syllabus can be found at http://www.bcuna.com/PDF-Files/Syllabus/1-2_Star/2_Star_Syllabus.pdf

Norm
josko

Post by josko »

I would not underestimate BCU 2* sea classes. Many folks have a very limited repertoire of paddle strokes, and the main objective of 2* training is to expand the number of strokes and 'imprint' appropriate conditions for use of each one. The training is done on flat water to be able to focus on stroke details instead of struggling in conditions. BCu 3* trainint ttakes those 'imprinted' flat water strokes into rough water.
Sandy V

Post by Sandy V »

Want to improve your paddle stroke, and get more comfortable in choppy waters....
BCU 2 training is a go.
This Saturday 9/14 at Quonnie pond in RI.
Please go to the kayakwaveology website if you are interested.
I'll be there.

Sandy
josko

Post by josko »

FWIW I took the BCU 2* course last year and found it one of the most useful classes ever.