Stonington Maine Islands - July 3rd, 2013

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Stonington Maine Islands - July 3rd, 2013

Post by norm »

This report is the third installment for my week of camping in Stonington Maine with the Boston AMC group. The first official day of the AMC camping trip was on Tuesday July 2nd. People arrived late afternoon and settled in. No paddling was done on Tuesday. We needed a little rest after our Monday Isle Au Haut epic paddle in the fog anyway. The only exercise I got on Tuesday was a bike ride to the Settlement Quarry that this campground was probably part of in the past. I used my GPS to find a geo-cache. It was still a little foggy so I didn't get any pictures worth sharing for Tuesday.

On Wednesday, we had the first AMC paddle. It was a level 2 trip around the inner islands of Stonington. There were six paddlers with Jerry as the leader and Rick as the co-leader. Sherry, Joyce, Kevin and I were the other 4 participants.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.620536591297933.1073741832.100000247920357&type=1&l=ad54349ee6
TraceyJ

Re: Stonington Maine Islands - July 3rd, 2013

Post by TraceyJ »

Truly beautiful pictures, Norm.

Tracey
Valley Aquanaut / white-on-white
P&H Delphin 150 Surf / Yellow
kayakerjnj

Re: Stonington Maine Islands - July 3rd, 2013

Post by kayakerjnj »

Great pictures, looked like fabulous trip!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan