September 20, 2013 - Muscongus Bay - South

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

September 20, 2013 - Muscongus Bay - South

Post by norm »

On the second day of the Muscongus Bay scouting mission, we planned to spend the day on the water checking MITA sites or at least finding them. We used our smart phones to check the weather forecast for New Harbor. The forecast for Friday was for bright sunny skies, winds about 5mph in the morning, building to a max of 9mph in the afternoon and air temps in the 60's. Sounded like it would be a clone of Thursday which was fantastic. The forecast for Saturday was for higher winds. With this information, we decided we should venture to the southernmost, exposed parts of Muscongus Bay and check out the small islands where there are puffins in the summer. Our eastern-most target would be the campsites on Burnt Island. The biggest problem of the day was deciding what clothing to wear for cold water and warm, calm air. We all chose wet-suit attire. Mine was a thick farmer john which was too warm, but bearable. I wished I had a short pants neoprene option...

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 84a9cf5337
kayakerjnj

Re: September 20, 2013 - Muscongus Bay - South

Post by kayakerjnj »

Looks like your stop to stretch your legs was on Thief Island! :D

Great pictures!! You guys had a great time!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Ken R
antispam: No

Re: September 20, 2013 - Muscongus Bay - South

Post by Ken R »

We did have a great time!
I'm hoping to do another base camp/kayak trip there next summer.
KR