Wacissa River, Florida

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

pam
antispam: No

Wacissa River, Florida

Post by pam »

At the end of October, I spent a week in Wakulla Springs, Florida for a seminar. Wakulla is about a 20 minute drive from the Tallahassee airport.

Wakulla Springs is the largest and deepest freshwater spring in the world and is being maintained as a wildlife sanctuary. The river extends from the spring with the wonderful flora and fauna typical of the area. Lots of Spanish moss, many types of birds, ducks of various varieties, alligators, turtles, otters, and we see deer. Usually we see many manatees in the spring and the river ... wonderful, gentle animals almost within reach.

During these seminars, we always have one day off to make our own plans, so I checked out the paddling opportunities that were within a reasonable distance from Wakulla. I found a river, the Wacissa, which was reputed to be a wonderful place to kayak, so I got in touch with a local outfitter. There were several others in the group who were interested in joining me, so a vanload of us drove the 40 minute drive to the river headwater for a full day of paddling, with a lunch stop at a campsite along the way.

You can see a few photos of this trip at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c5d27fa22e
pat
Site Admin

Re: Wacissa River, Florida

Post by pat »

Pam, I want to trade lives with you.

Thanks for the report and photos!
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Ron

Post by Ron »

Nice to be able to get to paddle in different areas when you travel.
Image P&H Cetus HV
Azane
antispam: No

Post by Azane »

Sweet! Nice photos!
Abby
Maelström Vitäl 166
Zegul Greenland

Steve
Maelström Vaåg 174
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)