Exumas - Normans Pond Cay, Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Exumas - Normans Pond Cay, Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post by norm »

Fifth set of pictures from our Exumas trip.

The morning wind was pretty strong and the plan was to spend the day on Normans Pond Cay as the wind direction was forecast to change as the weather front passed through. We did a little on-land paddle stroke clinic in the morning and then took a nature walk before lunch and scouted the waters we'd be in the next day. After lunch we did a short paddle into the wind to the northern end of the island where there is a blue hole.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 2c0536b9bf

There is a link to a video within the Facebook pictures, but here is another link directly to the video:

https://vimeo.com/91373468

Norm
kayakerjnj

Re: Exumas - Normans Pond Cay, Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post by kayakerjnj »

Awesome pictures Norm!

Did you take your 60D? They look that good!!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
norm

Post by norm »

kayakerjnj wrote:Awesome pictures Norm!

Did you take your 60D? They look that good!!

Yes, and it seems to have survived the salt and sand ok. I thought I'd use it on the water by keeping it in a new bag in the cockpit, but I realized that was not gonna happen after the first day, with the wind, splashes and water in the cockpit from a heavily loaded boat sitting low in the water. I kept it in a new waterproof duffel bag with some home-made padding. The bag is a Watershed Ocoee. After the first day of having it in the cockpit, I put it in the back, very leaky hatch, so I could get in and out more easily during the minor surf launches and landings.

I think Day 6 will have lots of pics from the 60D and I think a couple HD videos too. Might take a couple days to sort through and post everything because I think there are underwater videos from the GoPro as well as on-water pics from the Panasonic camera. It's so much easier to shoot the pictures than it is to sort through them, edit them, post them and add comments. But its all worth it to me as I enjoy going back and looking at everything over and over.
Chip

Post by Chip »

I agree Norm. Thanks for taking the time.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire