Monponsett - Thursday - 5/1/14

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Monponsett - Thursday - 5/1/14

Post by norm »

Managed to drag another person out of moth balls and onto the water for the first time this season. Pat Joined me for a spin around both Monponsett Ponds and Ken W. showed up a little late and was able to find us after we had done part of the West Pond.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 34603d66fa
pat
Site Admin

Re: Monponsett - Thursday - 5/1/14

Post by pat »

Thanks for putting this together, Norm. It was great to finally get out. Every year, kayaking seems to take a back seat to other obligations, but I'm going to try not to let that happen again this year.

Over the winter, I picked up a new toy - a waterproof camera that does video. I took this going through the canal that connects the two ponds.

The video is in HD if you click on "Vimeo" in the frame.

Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
norm

Post by norm »

Nice video Pat. The new camera works nicely. The sound is nice and clear too, unlike what you get with a GoPro in it's plastic case.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

One thing I noticed, and maybe this is standard on all video cameras these days, is that although the camera is firmly mounted to the deck of the kayak, I noticed that when I was paddling and the kayak bow was swaying back and forth, the video seemed to try to remain steady on the background. If that wasn't the case, I think the bow would have remained perfectly stationary in the frame. I wonder if that feature is adjustable. Now where did I put that manual?
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Chip

Post by Chip »

Nice Pizza
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

I caught myself putting my head down as you went under the bridge.
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue