Boston Harbor Inner Islands 5/7/2014

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

NorwayLady

Boston Harbor Inner Islands 5/7/2014

Post by NorwayLady »

Below is the public Facebook link to photos taken Wednesday night on an "after work" paddle. We launched from the beach next to the Gas Tank in Dorchester. The tide was high so we were able to paddle across the southern tip of Thompson Island without having to portage. The plan was to paddle around Spectacle Island counter clock wise and we pretty much stuck to our plans. The boat traffic was light except for a couple of commuter boats heading for Quincy or Hingham. The air temp was perfect (71F), the wind was light and there was not much texture to talk about. A great evening paddle and a very nice start to the season.

Click on the link below to view the photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 6cf7b59aae

Enjoy.
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
norm

Re: Boston Harbor Inner Islands 5/7/2014

Post by norm »

Thanks for doing the trip report Bea. And thanks to Bea, Ron and Scott for coming into Boston and making it convenient for me to do an after work paddle.

I plan to do after work paddles frequently this year if anyone else is interested in weeknight paddles. We just got the option to work from home one or two days a week also, so I guess I won't be restricted to the Boston area all the time either.

Norm