Powder Point to Bug Light - 5/25/14

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Powder Point to Bug Light - 5/25/14

Post by norm »

I had a little time Sunday afternoon to get out on the water for a couple hours. I put the boat on the truck and started driving down route 14, not sure where I wanted to paddle. The tide would be out. Monponsett Ponds again? Done that about 3 times already. I want salt air. Figured Powder Point Bridge is usable at any tide, so might as well try there and see if I can find a parking spot. The paved lot was full but the beach only had one vehicle on it along with a work barge. A chance to use my 4 wheel drive in my truck, so I parked on the sand and lugged my boat to the water, not trusting that I could drive out of the low tide mud. After paddling, with the mud flat drier, I did back my truck out closer for loading the boat in the wind and had no problem driving through the sand.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... d5b77f1da0