Duxbury Bay Fishing 8-27

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

Mark

Duxbury Bay Fishing 8-27

Post by Mark »

Got a call from Adam about fishing Dux this afternoon. We met at Howland's Landing at 2PM. We could see the terns working on the far side of Kingston Bay and up toward Cordage Park. A fisherman just finishing up told us there were both blues and stripers in the bay in force. It was high tide, so there was too much water in the bay for concentrated fish. I picked up a few schoolies trolling a Kastmaster, but Adam was more interested in finding a school of bluefish. We wandered the south end of the bay for a couple hours, then Adam decided he'd had enough and was going for a walk.

I helped him load up then headed back out at about 5PM. The birds were still working the skinny water off Rocky Nook and up towards the Jones River. I headed over and the action was pretty much non-stop till I finally quit near dark. Ended the day with about 20 stripers, all schoolies, and three bluefish in the boat. A bunch more hookups that shook loose.

Classic Duxbury Fishing during the Fall Run, which has started early this year. Expect about six more weeks of this kind of craziness in the bay.
jkates

Post by jkates »

Sounds like fun, any pictures to share?
getnoutside

Post by getnoutside »

I'll have to try and get over there this week