Fitness Paddling

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

chpaton

Fitness Paddling

Post by chpaton »

Recognizing that I'll never have enough free time to enjoy "all day" paddling commitiments, and to get out on the water more often, I'm reverting to some of my pre Turkey tactics.

One of these is "fitness paddling" - trips of 1 -2 hours duration in any of the following locations, Quincy Bay, Dorchester Bay, Hingham, etc. with a goal of maintaining a steady pace, on course from point to point, and work on torso rotation.

Friday 9/8 10:45 AM Quincy Bay: kayak, the Shearwater, conditions: wind NE -5, water calm wind ripples and tiny 6" swell. Distance 6.7 miles, time 1 hour 10 minutes. Avg speed approx 5.5 mph.

Of course this would be more pleasurable with some company if anyone is interested.
Craig
Hurricane A/S Tracer Yellow/White
Heritage Shearwater - Red/White
Heritage Tandem - Mango
rcasewst

Post by rcasewst »

This is how most of my paddling occurs! I try to get the most milage in before my spouse yanks on the leash (really my wife has been very accomodating to my habit). I doo like to paddle hard and work up a sweat. I like the Charles for the scenery (especially now that the colleges are back in session). I also like to get out of Manchester by the sea for the waves and excitement. If you are going out for a hard paddle let me know.
Roy
Bruise the body...
Heal the soul

P&H Capella 166 RM
12.5 old town Castaway