Paddling/Camping the Islands of Maine

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

getnoutside

Paddling/Camping the Islands of Maine

Post by getnoutside »

This report was a collaborative effort, but I think we've agreed that it's now ready for public consumption.

http://www.get-outside.com/stonington_1.htm
Chip

Post by Chip »

Steven,
Great job pulling this together. It's tough to keep the flow going with multiple sources giving input. You pulled it off nicely.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
Todd

Post by Todd »

Let's see. Eagles, beer, snoring, Hell's Half Acre (Hell's Gate), spiders, beer, food, smoking, fellowship, stars, beer, food, cobbler, twitchy-hips, more beer. This definately sounds like the reinactment of The Lord Of the Rings.

It would be an understatement for me to say that it sounds as if you all had a good time. I wish I was there and I look forward to hear from you all personally about the adventures. There was some discussion near the end of the report (nice job Steve!) of next years adventure. I wish to be counted in. Perhaps at the next pizza party there can be some brainstorming on when and where.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. As it was said, there is peacefulness in this type of living. Steve says it best when he mentions the "ability to clear ones head of the clutter and petty concerns that accumulate over time, opening the possibilites for an unobstructed perspective and better appreciation of what's around."

We have all been there, however to infrequently. I think the times we take off on a paddle for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday, we are trying to find that again. Congradulations to the Fellowship of The Paddle.
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

Don't forget wizardry.....

and the smoking of pipe weed!
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
Todd

Post by Todd »

LOL :D
Carolina Perception 14.5
kayakerjnj

Awesome trip, amazing report

Post by kayakerjnj »

Gang,

If I wasn't an outdoorsman or a paddler, I would be anxious to become one after reading the trip report and enjoying the 355+ pictures on Steve's sight.

Truly, this trip will be remembered for a lifetime, and likely will be the happy and fun standard to which all to follow will be compared.

I'm happy you all had this great experience.

Jordan
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Great report, guys!
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

I finally got around to reading (and viewing) the full report...start to finish. You guys really did justice to an epic trip! The straight-ahead narration - interwoven with the personal commentaries - made it all immediate and real for me. 8)

You ought to try placing an edited version with an outdoor publication or web site. It's that good.
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Finn says
You ought to try placing an edited version with an outdoor publication or web site. It's that good

Steve, Get-outside.com. You-tube. $1.6 Billion. Lumpa-oompas. I have an idea! :idea:
Carolina Perception 14.5
getnoutside

Post by getnoutside »

Todd wrote:Finn says
You ought to try placing an edited version with an outdoor publication or web site. It's that good

Steve, Get-outside.com. You-tube. $1.6 Billion. Lumpa-oompas. I have an idea! :idea:

Right... now if I can just get Googles attention :roll:
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Hi guys.

What a great report you guys put together. Loved reading it all, and it gave me a few laughs...........

Glad to hear you found your soul, Steve!?! And Nelson, glad there weren't any island police officers you could take down. Chip, are you ready to lead the next REI expedition since you learned so many tricks of the trade? Johnnysmokes.......did you get enough to eat....and sorry I missed some of your jokes. Ron, I know you had a a great time, you always do! And Doug, congratulations for surviving a week in the wilderness with this bunch of Wild Turkeys. You are a true champion.

NorwayLady
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)