Valley Avocet (rotomolded) for Sale - SOLD

Moderator: Chip

noseykate

Valley Avocet (rotomolded) for Sale - SOLD

Post by noseykate »

Valley Avocet (plastic) for sale, $600. Has new skeg, mounted compass, one new hatch cover (others original, all treated with 303 regularly), all hatches bone dry. Original hard plastic seat was replaced with foam seat and hip pads. Thigh braces are lightly padded and lined with neoprene for grip. Backband is minimal (I don't lean back much). The kayak has been stored throughout its life either indoors or outside on a rack with a roof for sun protection.

avo1.jpg
avo1.jpg (222.8 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

avo2.jpg
avo2.jpg (182.76 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

avo3.jpg
avo3.jpg (152.91 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

avo4.jpg
avo4.jpg (138.39 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

Specs found here:

http://www.valleyseakayaks.com/content/ ... /avocet-rm

This is the sea kayak that I learned in, then learned many greenland rolls in, then used for expeditions - a solo 5-day trip to northern Quebec, a 9-day trip with Mark to Newfoundland, and a 7-day trip with Mark to downeast Maine. The Avocet is nimble, turning on edge easily, and yet is uncannily stable. It is a classic rock-play boat, the design enduring for more than a decade and counting. It's an outstanding boat for smaller paddlers. It breaks my heart to give it up, but I've moved to a 17' boat that can hold more gear for solo trips.

If interested in purchase or demo, you can reach me using this gmail address: clearskykate at etc.
or PM me here.

NK