Tandem Kayak

Moderator: Chip

Dave B
antispam: No

Tandem Kayak

Post by Dave B »

Kayak: Chesapeake Light Craft Mill Creek 16.5 Tandem with cedar strip deck. It’s a beauty. Comfortable, stable and easy to paddle. Weighs less than 65 pounds. $1,500 OBO

Email bealdb@comcast.net or call 781 923 1355
Attachments
Tandem.jpg
Tandem.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
cowl.jpg
cowl.jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
cowl_front.jpg
cowl_front.jpg (34.76 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
seat.jpg
seat.jpg (38.3 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
pat
Site Admin

Re: Tandem Kayak

Post by pat »

It is beautiful!
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Kayak widow

Re: Tandem Kayak

Post by Kayak widow »

I looked at this boat (yes, I considered taking the plunge, but it didn't work out for me, though my favorite kayaker looked great when she test-paddled it for me :-). It's even nicer than the pictures can possibly indicate; reminds us of a human-powered classic Chris-Craft, but practical for contemporary use with the hard-coated finishes on top of the wood. My thought was that it could be a compromise for my old wooden canoeist self to paddle around on nearby ponds while you-know-who is churning about on whitewater. If you (or someone you know) have any interest in a unique addition to your kayak collection, this is it. I looked at it to paddle alone, and really liked the style of the comfortable seats. There's even a nice little cargo area for dry storage behind the rear seat.
Like a "football widow", I lose my spouse to kayaking for some part of pretty much every weekend :-)