Reed Chillcheaters spray skirt 38" tunnel

Moderator: Chip

Azane
antispam: No

Reed Chillcheaters spray skirt 38" tunnel

Post by Azane »

This is a brand new Aquatherm Spray Skirt from Reed Chillcheaters, exceptional for keeping out water when rolling.

It will fit "keyhole B" for most popular brands including NDK Explorer, Rockpool, Northshore and also fits P&H Cetus. It is advertised as 42 cm min. to 47 cm max. by 83 cm min, by 87 cm max. Our Maelström Vaåg keyhole dimensions at outside of combing are 18 1/2 by 34 inches and it fits fine. It does not however fit Steve because the tunnel is 38 inches.
https://www.chillcheater.com/aqshop/cat ... 2911&page=

Price from Reed is 58 pounds or $96 plus shipping. We are asking $85 and or trade for used two part paddle.
Abby
Maelström Vitäl 166
Zegul Greenland

Steve
Maelström Vaåg 174
kayakerjnj

Re: Reed Chillcheaters spray skirt 38" tunnel

Post by kayakerjnj »

Hi Abby,

Was that the LG/XL or the XXL?

Hope you had a great weekend!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Azane

Post by Azane »

Hi Jordon
Thanks for asking! Its marked XXL.
I also ran across the actual paper where we marked down 38 inches so it was a combined effort on BOTH our parts. I don't know if that make me feel better or not...

I should also say that I understand a paddle would likely cost much more so I was not expecting a straight across swap. I was thinking of the spray deck and $ towards some back up paddle or storm paddle.
Abby
Abby
Maelström Vitäl 166
Zegul Greenland

Steve
Maelström Vaåg 174
Azane

Post by Azane »

I am withdrawing my offer for this spray skirt. Cheri Perry of Kayakways.net has accepted a return for a different size. This is a really nice gesture on her part because it was clearly our error and it saves me shipping back to England.

If you are interested in Reed Chillcheaters products there are several turkeys who prefer the Aquatherm gear because of their ability to repel water. If you go through Kayakways.net then there is a significant discount over the prices from Reed in the UK and Cheri Perry obviously provides an risk free intermediary service.
http://www.kayakways.net/online-store/reed-chillcheater

Shipping is flat rate $34 for any number of items. We often order together to split the shipping so ask around. I personally have a tuliq and two spray decks (as the Brits call them) and find them clearly superior to snapdragon.
If you wish to email me with questions, feel free to do so.
Abby
Maelström Vitäl 166
Zegul Greenland

Steve
Maelström Vaåg 174
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

It'd be nice if they got a US distributor at some point. That $36 shipping fee is a killer.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

I called Kayakways and Cheri had a return that she sent me to try. I'm wondering if it's the same one you had. It's an XXL, but the tag inside gives the following guide:
S: 28"
M: 31"
L: 34"
XL: 37"
XXL: 40"

The XXL was highlighted, so it appears I have a 40" tube.

If anyone is interested, I'll get it to them and they can pay Kayakways $91 ($85 for the skirt and $6 shipping). If no one is interested in a day or so, I'll send it back to them.

BTW - Is anyone else thinking of ordering? We could split the $36 shipping cost from Wales.

Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com