New Kayakers

Moderator: Chip

AllieGal3

New Kayakers

Post by AllieGal3 »

Hello,
I am a new kayaker and I'm looking to find others to meet and kayak with. Anyone else new at this? It would be nice to find someone to go on trips with that's on the learning level so I don't feel so silly if I don't kayak very well! :lol:
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Welcome Allie,

We were all beginners at one time or another.

We have skills sessions if you would like to participate and gain more skills and confidence.

There are lots recreational paddlers who would like to do some flat water trips.

Please post your trip interests under the UPCOMING Trips page, and feel free to solicit others to join your paddles.

In the meantime please consider yourself invited to attend our skills sessions. Tonight is likely to be our last for the regular season in Hanson.

Cheers,

Jordan
Linda

Post by Linda »

Alliegal, check your private message box... will try to contact you by phone for better planning. I usually get away easier during the week, but perhaps we can try a Sunday morning somewhere local (the Nip seems like it would work for both of us).
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
bevbarnard

Post by bevbarnard »

Hi,

I just joined about a month ago and just started paddling again after about a 30 year break. I go out 2 or 3 evenings a week on the Charles River, usually putting in at the South Natick dam. It is all flat water and very pretty. I am always happy for some company. Check out the recreational trips - yesterday on the North River was really good fun.

Cheers,

Bev.
Bev Barnard
Cell: 617 460 5210
Epic 18x
Current Designs Extreme HV
angus66

Hi I am a new Kayaker

Post by angus66 »

I would like to find people who are new to the sport like I am to Kayak with . I have been Kayaking 3 times in Hingham Harbor Thank you
ginnyballou

Re: New Kayakers

Post by ginnyballou »

Hi, I'm not a brand new kayaker but certainly not skilled. I'd love to find some folk to go out with. Hingham Harbor, Scituate, etc. I thought there was mention of Monday night skill sessions starting in Aug. Does anyone know details??
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

HI Ginny,

The skills session are well underway. We have them on alternating Thursday nights in Hanson.

We had one last night. Try to come, I'm sure you'll have some fun.

Cheers,
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
ginnyballou

Post by ginnyballou »

Hi Jordan, Am I confusing the NSRWA Monday night sessions with you all or are the same thing??
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

We have our own skills night that we WTPaddlers host. Myself and several other regulars do an informal skills session at camp kiwanee in Hanson off route 58. What we do is separate from the NSRWA.

You are welcome to attend :)
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
ginnyballou

Post by ginnyballou »

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind! :D
cat

Post by cat »

new kayaker, i'm in middleboro, not adventurous yet, good availability starting thursday when summer school is done. days, evenings, weekends. i like to stay within 1/2 hour or so of my town. i reallly want to get to ames nowell, does anyone know if the water level is back up?

cat