Rec trip: Kingston/ Jones River -July 20 - CANCELED

Moderator: Chip

pat
Site Admin

Rec trip: Kingston/ Jones River -July 20 - CANCELED

Post by pat »

I'm very sorry to have to do this at the last minute, but over the weekend I screwed up my knee and can barely walk. I'm hoping it's something that will heal quickly, but I'm not going to be able to do the trip, I'm afraid. We'll try to reschedule this for a little later in the season once I'm back in shape.

If you signed up for this trip, please let me know that you have seen the cancellation notice. Thanks.

The plan is to launch from Howlands Landing in Duxbury at 8:30am, head across Kingston Harbor and up the Jones river a little past Rt 3A, or until the opposing current becomes an issue.

This trip is approx 6-7 miles, maybe 3.5 hours.

I want to limit the number of recreational paddlers to 15 for this trip. The last trip had 26 people, which I feel is a bit much for a single trip. I'm releasing the pre-alpha version of my online signup application. So if you'd like to come on this trip, please sign up here:

http://www.wtpaddlers.org/cgi-bin/signup.pl?id=1

Let me know when you see any failures. (Notice I didn't even bother to say "if".)

If any of the experienced paddlers of the group would like to come and help me, I'd appreciated it. Don't use the signup application - just let me know in this thread.

I'm not going to send an email to the recreational trip list right away (it's over 100 now) so that the regular forum watchers get first crack at the trip.

Last edited by pat on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lora925

Post by lora925 »

Are you sure you meant to plan this for a Monday? Just checking :)
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Yeah - tides are just a little too early on the weekend.
mumasue

Post by mumasue »

Sounds like a fun trip but I cannot do AM weekday trips. Late afternoon or early evening best on week nights.
BillL

7/20

Post by BillL »

Hi Pat, I'm in
BillL

Sed fugit interea fugit irreparabile tempus
Chip

Post by Chip »

I'm in.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Excellent. 17' boat. We'll paddle up to where the river is 16' wide and turn around there.

Hee hee hee...
nightrick

Post by nightrick »

Hi Pat,

I am interested but don't know this area at all. Is Howland's landing at Howland's Lodge in Duxbury ?
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Well, I sent an email to everyone who signed up to tell them about the cancellation and asked for a reply. A few didn't reply, so I had to drive over to the launch site to tell them personally. No one showed up, so I'm not sure what happened to them.