Hi, i asked this last Nov., any one want to paddle
on the south shore? very flexable hours. ponds, lakes,
marshes, tide inlets? anyone?
Johnnyboy
ghisten

Re: recreational boating, ANYONE?

Post by ghisten »

Hi Johnboy,

I new to kayaking this year, but would be interested in heading out on the south shore. I have been out mostly on ponds, but have made a couple tidal river trips as well. I am located in Quincy, but keep my boat with family in Plymouth. I am available most weekends.

Gavin
cat

Post by cat »

lake rico, late afternoon M-F? i am a new and still cautious kayaker.

cat
pe4927

Post by pe4927 »

I live in Rochester, and I'm looking for people to Kayak with. Very open on where. Just want to get some time in on the boat.
crazy295

Post by crazy295 »

I'm in Middleboro as well and have Kayaked Lake Rico many times!.. There is a couple of nice places on the back side of it that you can go for a swim to cool off as well. I'm available during the week to paddle just about anytime! Another nice place I enjoy paddling is over to Basset Island. We pu in at Kingmans Yatch club and paddle over to the Island where we hang out on the beach for a few hours before we paddle back. Nice benifit here is they have showers at the yacht club you can use to shower off the salt!
craigmsherman

Post by craigmsherman »

pe4927 wrote:I live in Rochester, and I'm looking for people to Kayak with. Very open on where. Just want to get some time in on the boat.

Hi Marc,

I got your email. Thanks for dropping a line. I would be up for kayaking at some point, for sure. Timing is the key. Weekends are pretty tight for a while. Are you kayaking in the Great River Race on the North River in a couple weeks? That's probably the next time I am getting out there.

Craig

Craig Sherman
Old Town Voyager 11' 1"
But mine's green.
pe4927

Post by pe4927 »

craigmsherman wrote:
pe4927 wrote:I live in Rochester, and I'm looking for people to Kayak with. Very open on where. Just want to get some time in on the boat.

Hi Marc,

I got your email. Thanks for dropping a line. I would be up for kayaking at some point, for sure. Timing is the key. Weekends are pretty tight for a while. Are you kayaking in the Great River Race on the North River in a couple weeks? That's probably the next time I am getting out there.

Craig

Probably going to be going out sooner then that but I may partake in the race, I want to get some time in to get my skills up... it's been 12 years since I've been kayaking. So I want to do some smaller trips before hand. I'm thinking about doing the mattapoisett river and riding it all the way. it's a river I've done in the past in wooden river boats several times.
Marc
wtrbb

Post by wtrbb »

I'm looking for someone to go out Friday 7/16 around South Shore, maybe Weymouth, Hull, Scituate?

alice (wtrbb)
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi Calvin and Cat if i have it correct, your not far from Quincy?
there is a place in Quincy that is large and easy to access also
in Braintree where we can hook up. I am not available this
Fri., night and Sat. But, if you want you can email me at:
jhrf@verizon.net and well go. I think Blacks Creek Quincy
would be good for a start. mail me. Johnny
Johnnyboy
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Cat, i just read your location and you may be
too far to come up here for fun. just let me
know if your going to be in this area some
time and we'll try and hook up
Johnnyboy
cat

Post by cat »

johnboy, how easy is abington for you? i have been wanting to try ames lowell state park, a friend told me it's nice but i haven't been yet. it looks about 30 minutes for me, thought it might be a halfway spot? i am still just a pond kayaker, but a friend is encouraging me to try hingham harbor.
cat
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Ames Nowell can be a great place to paddle around.

Given the scarcity of rain we've had it might be a bit low and weedy.

I'd suggest a drive by to see how the access is and the water conditions.

If the gate is closed it's a couple hundred foot carry to the water.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ames+nowell+state+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ames+nowell+state+park&hnear=ames+nowell+state+park&cid=0,0,14371335580478961028&ei=EWVCTP7uMYT58AbLmaHkDw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQnwIwAw

Good Luck!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Hi all: Sorry I missed these posts - weekend was jam-packed. Ames Nowell is literally right around the corner from me. I would be interested in trying it out. Weekends and alternate Fridays are good for me, though the next time I'm open is Saturday/Sunday July 31/August 1. Keep me in mind! Thanks.
/jms
Wilderness Systems Pungo 120