Weekday trips

Moderator: Chip

Which weekdays might you be available to paddle? (Please read post before voting)

Week of June 28 - July 2
10%
Week of July 5 - 9
12%
Week of July 12-16
9%
Week of July 19-23
6%
Week of July 26-30
8%
Week of Aug 2-6
6%
Week of Aug 9-13
8%
Week of Aug 16-20
8%
Week of Aug 23-27
12%
There is a fair chance that I could get available on any day
22%

Total votes: 78

pat
Site Admin

Weekday trips

Post by pat »

When I plan a recreational trip, I generally aim for a weekend day, because since none of us are independently wealthy, we all work for a living during the week. But I also know that many (most?) of us will be taking some vacation during the summer and might be available for a weekday paddle.

To that end... I'd like to take a quick poll on when folks might be available if I was to plan something. There are a few benefits to this. Parking might be more plentiful. People are less likely to have previous engagements like weddings, cookouts, etc.

Any paddles I put together will be on or near the coast, between Weymouth and Plymouth. So I'd appreciate it if you'd only vote if there is a strong likelihood that you might join one of the paddles. I'm not holding you to anything, but I'd hate to plan a paddle based on the votes of people who know ahead of time that they couldn't realistically make it.

If there are no particular weeks that are available for you, but you might have days here and there that you could take off, check the last option.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Jan Seery

Re: Weekday trips

Post by Jan Seery »

Hi Pat:
First of all, thanks for doing this. I just voted. I am considering taking off the 4th of July week - but this is by no means etched in stone (50/50 at best). Also, I have alternate Fridays off all year long, so I voted for the last option as well. Looking forward to seeing the outcome! Thanks again!
/jms
Wilderness Systems Pungo 120

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi i am disabled, but i get out about every other day or so.
i am so excited that i might have a chance to redeem myself
after last weekend,missing the outing. i need to find
some places new to paddle. i keep hammering the same places.
thanks pat for trying to set this up.
Johnnyboy
diclarke

Post by diclarke »

I don't think I will be taking any weeks off this summer but am available many Fridays for a paddle. I often work a half-day from home on Fridays so my time on Fridays is flexible. I really enjoyed the trip last Saturday and got home before the rain came! Thanks for organizing. Is there a paddle Thursday night and if so where?
Brent

Post by Brent »

Any day, any time, sounds good to me.

Brent :)
lora925

Post by lora925 »

diclarke wrote:I don't think I will be taking any weeks off this summer but am available many Fridays for a paddle. I often work a half-day from home on Fridays so my time on Fridays is flexible. I really enjoyed the trip last Saturday and got home before the rain came! Thanks for organizing. Is there a paddle Thursday night and if so where?

There is a paddle this Thursday night @ Hingham Harbor

see http://www.wtpaddlers.org/thursnight.html

for more information
turtle

Post by turtle »

Hi Pat, looking forward to paddling with you guys again this year. If you remember last year I was hampered by a knee oper., everything went well and I'm raring to go. Any day is fine. As a firefighter my work schedule varies every week so it's all hit or miss with me. Been toying with the idea of doing the whole North river from Indian head to the ocean. Has anyone done this?
tsunami 145
Ken Stone

Post by Ken Stone »

Can't really commit to any week at this point, but I do take Fridays if others are available.
ginnyballou

Post by ginnyballou »

Weekdays could work for me. I'm new to the group and haven't yet been on a paddle - are there other beginners?? ( I have been kayaking just not with you all!!) Ginny
eddie

Post by eddie »

Thanks Pat
I'm available for both weekdays and weekends, but I prefer weekdays. Looking forward to my first trip with you guys !
rain

Post by rain »

hello pat,

voted for the last option.. i will be visiting my new granddaughter next week until after the 4th.

look forward to more trips...
Rain
Otter1

Post by Otter1 »

I work 10 hr shifts so that I have one extra day off during the week--either Tuesday or Thursday, alternating.
Next week my day off is Thursday (July 1). I won't be available the first week in August--company coming to visit.
I would love to do some paddles!
Linda

Post by Linda »

I look for company for weekday paddles. I unfortunately work most every Friday, unlike the other replies above. I work 3 weekdays and have 2 off most every week... I submit a schedule in 4 week cycles so I either know it's a day off or not right away. And for any long range plan can plan working around events. Just voted last option... will keep checking board and 'chime in' on anything I can make! THANKS for posting!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi Linda & Otter and any one else who wants to do something during the week,
if you can keep me posted, i would like that very much. i am available most days.
i have a rec boat and like marshes and flat slow moving water. i am in quincy. if
anyone is truly interested, let me know here and i'll give you my email address.
Johnnyboy
Linda

Post by Linda »

Pat, looks like you hae a handful of potential (weekday) paddlers... so posting won't be futile... whoever can make it that day will show (you can always request a reply so you know someone else will show and you won't be alone). I (personally) happen to have this Friday off afterall... Will keep an eye on the board.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Well, I've got the one this Friday. Next week I'm on vacation and won't be near a net connection, so I couldn't do one then. But after that, probably.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Linda

Post by Linda »

Where is the launch going to be and at what time on this Friday... ironically I'm not working (working Sat. instead) so I tentatively would like to join you.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com