Greetings WTPaddlers. new member intro

Moderator: Chip

Scott
antispam: No

Greetings WTPaddlers. new member intro

Post by Scott »

Hi all,
My name is Scott and I've done a bunch of recreational kayaking the past few years. Mostly ponds but North River too. I bought an BPS Ascend fishing kayak last spring. It's been good so far on my pond trips and I was thinking of trying a maiden voyage ocean paddle soon. Anyone up for it!?...Cohassett Harbor maybe? Or the North River?

I'm usually free on Mondays and Thursday late PM/evenings. I'd be interested in the Thursday eve trips when that starts up too. So hope to hear from you.

Paddle on!
Scott
kayakerjnj

Re: Greetings WTPaddlers. new member intro

Post by kayakerjnj »

Welcome Scott,

Next month we officially start our skills sessions for the season. You are welcome and encouraged to join us! You'll get a chance to meet a bunch of the core members and have a lot of fun learning safety and boat handling skills.

Right now the ocean is still pretty cold, and cold water attire is still a must. So I would encourage you to hold off on Cohasset Harbor until you're ready and dressed for the ocean.

We'll look forward to seeing you on the water soon.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Scott
antispam: No

Post by Scott »

OK, thanks for the advice Jordan. Makes sense to wait for the ocean to warm up before attempting the surf as i'm not too sure how my 10 ft Ascent will handle out there. In the
meantime, if anyone is game for a pond paddle let me know. I'd be up for some fishing if anyone is up for that...or just paddling is fine too.
I look forward to checking out the Thursday skills sessions later this spring.

Paddle on!
Scott
Chip

Post by Chip »

Hey Scott,
Welcome to the club. Look forward to seeing you on the water.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire