10 AM on Paddle Hingham 5/5, anyone?

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Linda

10 AM on Paddle Hingham 5/5, anyone?

Post by Linda »

Looks like there might be a break in the weather... I was thinking of going to Hingham Harbor tomorrow for a 10 am put in... maybe do some of the shoreline, maybe the Weir River.
If interested please respond ASAP... if no takers I might go to Wareham instead as it's closer (even though the tides is not optimal there).
I leave for work at 2 PM today, will check back in before then and again early Mon morning!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
Linda

Post by Linda »

Got some lookers, but no takers. You people work too hard!
Had a great paddle on South Watuppa pond, instead. It was someplace I've been wanting to check out for 2 seasons now. OK, now I can know this one off my 'to do' list!
cgr

Post by cgr »

How was the water temp there? I was out on Massapoag in Sharon last night, and the water had to be in the 60's. Very comfortable.
Lori

Post by Lori »

Did you launch from the town landing? If so, was anyone checking for permits. The town of Sharon usually has some teen sitting at the entrance looking for permits to use their launch.
cgr

Post by cgr »

Lori wrote:Did you launch from the town landing? If so, was anyone checking for permits. The town of Sharon usually has some teen sitting at the entrance looking for permits to use their launch.

They check starting the 4th of july - labor day. And they are gone at 5 pm.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Sorry for the delay, water temps at Watuppa were very reasonable... I would guess approaching 60 if not there already.
Thanks for the info on Massapoag... I bike there all the time and wondered about paddling there.
I was there once last year... water level was lower, I'm sure... but the far side was tricky maneuvering to not ground out or hit rocks. I found a nice spot to do some practicing with re-entries etc. Kind of on the small side. A nice alternative, close by is Norton Reservoir. Lots of wild life, islands to go around and coves. Keeps me busy for a couple of hours, easy!