7/12 and 7/14 easy ocean paddle?

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Beanboy

7/12 and 7/14 easy ocean paddle?

Post by Beanboy »

Anybody up for getting out in the ocean next Saturday or Monday? Looking to try to get my sea legs on a surfski, so an easy spot to launch/land would be good, with the option for some more challenging conditions during the paddle would be great.

Looks like a fairly early high tide. Any issues once out in the water during low tide other than a muddy launch/landing area?

-B
Beanboy

Post by Beanboy »

So I'm probably going to head over to Hingham harbor Saturday and Monday, probably 7AM-11AM on Saturday and 9AM-noon on Monday. High tide is 7:40ish Saturday and 9:30ish Monday, so I hope the muck isn't too bad a few hours past high while landing.

Drive a red Subaru wagon, so take a look for it in the boat launch lot if you want to stop on by. Have a white Epic V10 Sport, will probably be on the lee side of Hull most of the time, with maybe a venture out into more open water if condition and comfort level call for it.

-B
cgr

Post by cgr »

The only time that you should encounter the muck(in my experience at least )is 2 hrs on either side of low tide.
Beanboy

Post by Beanboy »

Cool, should be off the water a bit before that then. Will bring some bailers and some fresh water to wash down everything just in case to boot.