Wellfleet Saturday April 24th

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

lora925

Wellfleet Saturday April 24th

Post by lora925 »

I am planning on going to re-visit the seals again on Saturday April 24th.

I'm shooting for an 10:30 meet up for an 11 am launch. Pack a lunch/snacks (and possibly a warm beverage of some sort), we will stop on the sandbar or sand dunes somewhere.

Directions can be found in noseykate's thread titled "Wellfleet Let's-Visit-the-Seals Trip Sunday Oct 11" in the past trip section. [url]http://www.wtpaddlers.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1827[/url] We will use the same launch (Powers Landing).

So far the weather looks favorable but we will know more in a few days. Check back for more information. We will need to do a definite head count then as well :)

The original post preserved below:

Weather permitting, I'm planning on going to re-visit the seals again on Saturday April 24th. The actual launch time is not yet set in stone but will be as close to mid ebb tide as my tight schedule (which is still in a bit of a flux state) will allow. I just wanted to post something early so you can save the date if you're at all interested in joining me.

Directions can be found in noseykate's thread titled "Wellfleet Let's-Visit-the-Seals Trip Sunday Oct 11" in the past trip section. [url]http://www.wtpaddlers.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1827[/url] We will use the same launch (Powers Landing).

I will edit this post with more specific times when I have a better idea of what my schedule will be.

I'm also hoping to explore the Monomoy Islands area the day before if you're interested in that (I have a lot more planning to do for this trip as I've never been before so more on this later). Again, just throwing it out there for planning purposes If this looks like it may become a reality, I will post a new topic asap.
Last edited by lora925 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norm

Re: Wellfleet Saturday April 24th

Post by norm »

I'm hoping to join Lora on both of these trips and bring my son along if the coaches give them a weekend off from track practice during their school vacation week.
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

I'm interested! Bring warm paddling clothes and we can do a little roll session in there somewhere too....

NK
Linda

Post by Linda »

Thanks for posting so early. I'd DEFINITELY be interested pending weather conditions. Not sure that I'll be playing around with my 'intermittent' roll so early in the season but won't be bored by watching, that's for sure.
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
patmball

Post by patmball »

Hi,

I just joined this group. I am a beginner+ kayaker. May I join you on the 24th?

PatMB
lora925

Post by lora925 »

NK, I will definitely bring warm paddling clothes :) :)

PatMB, It may be a bit soon in the season for you to venture out unless you've already equipped yourself with cold water gear. See:
http://www.paddleboston.com/advice/dres ... dwater.php Plus, the total trip length should be somewhere from 8 to 10 miles. Do you know if you're conditioned enough for that length of trip yet?
Satuit Paddler

Post by Satuit Paddler »

Libby and I are interested. It'll be a good run-out for her new Romany.
Jan
lora925

Post by lora925 »

I've updated the original post with the some more details :)
lora925

Post by lora925 »

Time for a head count :) If you are in fact joining us on this trip and wish for us to wait for you (if you get stuck in traffic or something) then please respond indicating so. That way we will know to look for you, other wise we will see you out there when you get there.

Happy Paddling :)
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

lora925 wrote:Time for a head count :) If you are in fact joining us on this trip and wish for us to wait for you (if you get stuck in traffic or something) then please respond indicating so. That way we will know to look for you, other wise we will see you out there when you get there.

Happy Paddling :)

I will be there. Looks like perfect weather for it.

NK
Satuit Paddler

Post by Satuit Paddler »

Lib and I will be there. We're looking forward to it.

Jan
pallen661

Post by pallen661 »

Looks like Lorrie and I will be joining you. Looks like the water temps are about 50, so dress appropriately.

Phil
---
P&H Cetus MV, black over white with red tape
Necky Jive, Orange swirly things
Linda

Post by Linda »

I've got to bow out... sorry. Family issue... have a great paddle!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

I'll be bringing a whitewater-paddling friend who has some sea kayak experience. So add one to the tally.

NK
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

I'm in...
norm

Post by norm »

Johnysmoke wrote:I'm in...

John - you probably won't get a reply from Lora tonight. She's at an AMC overnight event in Brewster and I doubt she has internet access. She sent everyone else her cell-phone number in PMs, but I know you already have it from last week, so give her a call tomorrow morning if you're running late or something. See you there!
norm

Post by norm »

All nine of us showed up as planned and did about a 12 mile trip out to the seals and back. It was another wonderful day on the water. I'll do a trip report in a day or two. None of my seal pictures came out very well - they got spooked too soon, before we could get close enough for a good shot with the little waterproof camera.