Cohasset Wave Wednesday 5PM

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Mark

Cohasset Wave Wednesday 5PM

Post by Mark »

Here we go again! So far I think we have Lora, Johnnysmoke and me, at a minimum, planning to play at Cohasset tomorrow afternoon/evening. John's bringing his grill, I'm bringing burgers. After we finish playing on the wave, we cook up some summer fare in the parking lot next to the Harbormaster's shack. Bring lawn chairs and bug spray. And something for the grill!
jkates

Re: Cohasset Wave Wednesday 5PM

Post by jkates »

Mark wrote:Here we go again! So far I think we have Lora, Johnnysmoke and me, at a minimum, planning to play at Cohasset tomorrow afternoon/evening. John's bringing his grill, I'm bringing burgers. After we finish playing on the wave, we cook up some summer fare in the parking lot next to the Harbormaster's shack. Bring lawn chairs and bug spray. And something for the grill!

Wish that I could make it. :cry:
Boats: Nigel Foster Shadow Yellow over White | Pyranha Everest Blue and White | P&H Qwest HV Yellow over White
lora925

Post by lora925 »

I'm definitely in. Hope you guys like veggie burgers :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

lora925 wrote:I'm definitely in. Hope you guys like veggie burgers :)

We like vegetarian beer? 8)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Can someone join with their longboat?
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170
Mark

Post by Mark »

Todd wrote:Can someone join with their longboat?

Longboats can play in there, sure. We've done that plenty of times. Just remember that once you go in, there is no getting out until almost high tide. (Tonight that would be at 8:15).

Some people came through the rip on Sunday in a little inflatable with a small outboard and found themselves stuck for much longer than they wanted to be. They tried lining the boat up through the rip from the rocks. Ended up calling the Harbormaster for help. Harbormaster took a look at where they were, looked at the current still raging through the rip and went back to the dock. We didn't hang around to see what eventually became of them.

They also tried to take my "abandoned" paddle. :?
cgr

Post by cgr »

Mark wrote:
Todd wrote:Can someone join with their longboat?

Longboats can play in there, sure. We've done that plenty of times. Just remember that once you go in, there is no getting out until almost high tide. (Tonight that would be at 8:15).

Some people came through the rip on Sunday in a little inflatable with a small outboard and found themselves stuck for much longer than they wanted to be. They tried lining the boat up through the rip from the rocks. Ended up calling the Harbormaster for help. Harbormaster took a look at where they were, looked at the current still raging through the rip and went back to the dock. We didn't hang around to see what eventually became of them.

They also tried to take my "abandoned" paddle. :?

We should have claimed the "abandoned" inflatable.
lora925

Post by lora925 »

Wish I had waterproof a video camera with me so I could share with you all what I saw; Mark and Smoke were really tearing it up out there last night. Good times. Thanks for the show guys, I will return the favor some day ;)

PPR was excellent too!
Mark

Post by Mark »

lora925 wrote:Wish I had waterproof a video camera with me so I could share with you all what I saw; Mark and Smoke were really tearing it up out there last night. Good times. Thanks for the show guys, I will return the favor some day ;)

PPR was excellent too!

Definitely a good time and good company. John's series of combat rolls was impressive, as well as his "time on the wave". There's a group going again tonight around 6:30. Nice bigger tide: 9.8 feet. Taylor's bringing the grill. Wish I could go.