Monomoy Thursday 29th July

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Briggsy

Monomoy Thursday 29th July

Post by Briggsy »

Looking to paddle Monomoy again on Thursday 29th July, will probably follow a similar route to my "Monomoy revisited" trip ( see trip reports), but may explore the south channel from point 1 and/or the SE channel from point 7. Will launch from Battlefield Rd, Chatham. I would like to launch at 9am or shortly thereafter. Low tide 8.51am, High tide 3.13pm.Trip length I would guesstimate in the 10 to 15 mile range and will take most of the day.
Just read a big thing in the Cape Cod Times about the Great Whites, Apparantly not a single one has ever been spotted west of Monomoy so we should be OK. If we do see one it'll make a good story !!!!
Here is the map from my previous trip.....
monomoy n.channel.jpg
monomoy n.channel.jpg (81.65 KiB) Viewed 6042 times

Thanks for reading, reply here if you have any questions.
Cheers Briggsy
Adam Bolonsky

Re: Monomoy Thursday 29th July

Post by Adam Bolonsky »

Hi Briggsy;

I'd be up for this, but I'll launch from Morris Island later in the day. Any way we can communicate and coordinate meeting on vhf ch. 72 or 68?

For what it's worth, you can always make way through the Halloween Flats channel (due south of your point #7) regardless of the tide.

There's supposed to be lots of bluefish west of the flats these days, near the dropoff, so I'll bring fishing gear and an extra rod and bluefish gear if you want or need one.

Let's talk on the phone. I'd spend the night before in Sandwich, then drive over and down to meet.

Adam
(781) 643-9966
Briggsy

Re: Monomoy Thursday 29th July

Post by Briggsy »

Adam, Sounds good. I have a vhf for on the day. I'll try to call you early tonight.
Briggsy