SURFING EARLE at the SPIT THURS SEPT 2 12:30pm

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

wildwoman

SURFING EARLE at the SPIT THURS SEPT 2 12:30pm

Post by wildwoman »

I'll be out past the Spit today, leaving the put-in on the Driftway at about 12:30pm.

Low tide in Scituate is 11 57, high is 6 10. Swells 3-5 ft? I'll be out for the afternoon, come on down!
Barb
noseykate

Re: SURFING EARLE at the SPIT THURS SEPT 2 12:30pm

Post by noseykate »

wildwoman wrote:I'll be out past the Spit today, leaving the put-in on the Driftway at about 12:30pm.

Low tide in Scituate is 11 57, high is 6 10. Swells 3-5 ft? I'll be out for the afternoon, come on down!

It seems a bit early for Earl to be felt at Scituate. But certainly more user-friendly than tomorrow or Saturday. I would not go out tomorrow.

Hope you find some fun!

NK
Chip

Post by Chip »

Have fun calling Earle
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
wildwoman

Post by wildwoman »

Kate, agreed. Tropical storm conditions, big ocean, little boat = BAD IDEA. Thx.

Conditions were relatively mild Thurs Sept 2 on the incoming afternoon tide. But you could feel the ferocity of the ocean ramping up.
Caught some 5 footers; a couple caught me. Paddled back on the incoming tide, sweet ride.

Met up with some turkeys in Hingham at 6 and enjoyed a pleasant trip into Hingham Harbor. Great water, great company, great vacation day.
Barb
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

wildwoman wrote:Kate, agreed. Tropical storm conditions, big ocean, little boat = BAD IDEA. Thx.

Conditions were relatively mild Thurs Sept 2 on the incoming afternoon tide. But you could feel the ferocity of the ocean ramping up.
Caught some 5 footers; a couple caught me. Paddled back on the incoming tide, sweet ride.

Met up with some turkeys in Hingham at 6 and enjoyed a pleasant trip into Hingham Harbor. Great water, great company, great vacation day.

Sounds like a most excellent day Barb. Five-foot'ers must've been fun!

NK
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

I concur, Barb! Very much enjoyed hearing about a some of your interesting cases, Gavin's research and Savannah's future plans! Hope your dinner 'stayed with you' after we left! It'll be tomato-basil-orzo soup and mac & cheese for me next time. Hopefully the weather gods will work with us so I can try Star's pizza two weeks after that! In the meanwhile, I'll be enjoying the six-pack of Magner's I picked up weekend! Hope to see you all again soon.
/jms
Wilderness Systems Pungo 120