Monomoy Weds 24th August 2011

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Briggsy

Monomoy Weds 24th August 2011

Post by Briggsy »

Weather permitting Norm and I are planning to paddle from Stage harbor in Chatham down to the lighthouse at the tip of Monomoy to check out the renovations made over the last year. High tide is 8.26 am and low tide is 1.58pm. While that is not totally perfect tides we will probably go straight south to the tip over the sandbars and return via the south way through one of the channels that divides N. Monomoy from S.Monomoy, although the plan may change on the day. Whatever, count on a 17 to 19 mile trip.
The launch is at the end of Battlefield Rd, and we will meet at 8.30 for a 9am launch. I guesstimate we will be back around 4pm.
Anyone coming should have sea kayaks with bulkheads, sprayskirts and some rescue skills.
Battlefield Rd has VERY limited parking. Carpooling will help. I live 5 mins off Exit 9 off the Mid Cape Hwy and can take several kayaks if need be.
Try to let me know by Mon 10pm as I work late and cannot contact you easily after that. Check out one of our previous trips "Monomoy Island - Wednesday - June 16, 2010" in the Trip Reports.
Map to launch...
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sagam ... src=6&z=14
Briggsy