Neponset River Sunday morning 9/11

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

SteveH
antispam: No

Neponset River Sunday morning 9/11

Post by SteveH »

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip for this Sunday morning(9/11) with a friend or two (permission slips still pending). Have not paddled the Neponset yet and thought since nothing else is posted in the trips section for Sunday I would post the trip for other WTP that may be interested. High tide is 11:20AM. Figured we would hit the water around 9:30AM and I'm hoping we can park and launch off Morrissey Blvd, just north of the gas tank. Looks like we can get up river as far as lower mills - maybe a tad further at high tide. This is roughly a six mile round trip and we may tack on a few more miles in the harbor on return given time and interest. Standby for more info/updates...

--Steve
aliclift

Re: Neponset River Sunday morning 9/11

Post by aliclift »

HI STEVE,

I am interested in this trip ! Had a really hard time trying to log in but finally got back to this page.
Where exactly is the put in ? Could you send me a cell number for emergency if I cannot find it ?
How close is it to the gas tanks? Because of 9/11.people can get up tight about anyone getting too close to those things ( speaking from experience...I am on Boston Innner harbor near the tanks in Everett)

Thanks,

Ali Clift
aliclift@comcast.net
617 650-1534
SteveH
antispam: No

Re: Neponset River Sunday morning 9/11

Post by SteveH »

We plan to put in at the parking lot that is just a short distance from the on ramp to Morrissey if you are going north on 93. It is across from Malibu beach. I hope it is not blocked off due to 9/11 security - if so, we will find anoter put in. I can be reached on my cell tomorrow at 617-592-6927. We have bumped the put in time to 10:00AM since we just got back from a 10 hour day at the Brimfield fair.

--Steve