Pocasset Area Harbors - Wednesday - 9/21/11 - 9:00am Launch

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Pocasset Area Harbors - Wednesday - 9/21/11 - 9:00am Launch

Post by norm »

Anybody free for a Wednesday trip in the Pocasset area?

Bea and I are going to try out the launch spot mentioned by Kate in a post earlier this summer, at the Kingman Yacht Center at 1 Shipyard Lane in Pocasset. There is an AMC trip in the same area, but they only plan to paddle 8 miles and Bea has to do at least 10 miles or it's not worth the trip. So, we're going to launch a little earlier, 9:00am, paddle further, lounge at lunchtime longer and take out later. I'm thinking we may first head south around Scraggy Neck and go into Squeteague Harbor and then go back to explore all the harbors around Bassetts Island later in the day when the wind has picked up. We'll probably paddle 14 to 16 miles depending on how long Bea naps at lunch time. I'd estimate we'll be out of the water by about 3:00.

I have room for one more car-pooler if anyone on the south shore wants to meet us at the old Ski Market parking lot in Pembroke at 7:30am. Please reply or call me if interested in car-pooling.

Wet exit/Rescue skills are required.
I would recommend at least a 15 foot boat.
Ability to paddle over 15 miles

Please reply if you plan to attend so we'll know you are coming.
centered
antispam: No

Re: Pocasset Area Harbors - Wednesday - 9/21/11 - 9:00am Lau

Post by centered »

Wish I could make it, but duty calls. Maybe next Wed.?
By the way Norm, that was not Sarah Palin on Castle Island Sunday, it was a benefit walk. Turns out my sister was there, kinda weird to be within a stone's throw of each other, but not know it at the time.
Sue
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

We'll miss you Sue.

Maybe you sister didn't recognize you with your new ride!!!

IMG_4188.jpg_1.jpg
IMG_4188.jpg_1.jpg (104.15 KiB) Viewed 10913 times
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
centered

Post by centered »

That must've been it!
norm

Post by norm »

centered wrote:Wish I could make it, but duty calls. Maybe next Wed.?
Sue

I'm on call for work next week, but I'll take a day off if the weather is good.

Is Wednesday the only day, or is it Wednesday, Thursday or Friday that you could go?

Any place in particular you'd like to go? I'm getting tired of trying to pick places to go. I think tides are mid-day around here next week, so local is good and I can get home quicker to cover my on-call duties.

Norm
centered

Post by centered »

I have Wed. Thurs. and Friday off. Local is fine w/me, too. I will try to think of some places to go in the next few days, and run them by you. I haven't paddled very many places, so I'd be happy wherever I end up.
Sue
ricso

Post by ricso »

Hey Norm, Sue, and of course Bea ! Next week I have Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday that I could kayak. I also have this Friday, 9/23. I know I've paddled with some of you before, I suspect I've paddled with all of you before ! I'll keep an eye on this site and the weather for something next week if you don't mind more company !

Ric S
gifallen

Post by gifallen »

Hey Norm, I was there all day today. SEM/AMC we launched from the beach and went out to the light house on Wings Neck, then over to Scraggy Neck. Had lunch on Bassets Is. Sorry I didn't see your posting earlier. Gif
norm

Post by norm »

Gif,

Gotta watch this site full-time to catch my last minute posts... :)

Bea and I went over to Meganset, Squeteague, Rands Canal and Fiddlers Cove before returning to Bassetts for lunch at about 1:00pm. We missed all of you, but saw Max a couple times from a distance. We launched at 9:00 and took out at 3:30. We paddled 18 miles. It was incredibly nice out there today!

By the way, you've got a very nice back yard over there at Fiddlers Cove. But why are all the biggest boats registered out of state???

Norm