Lackey's bay and Hadley's harbor 6/30

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

josko
antispam: No

Lackey's bay and Hadley's harbor 6/30

Post by josko »

I'm planning to launch at Trunk river, Woods hole by 0900 on Saturday 6/30 and paddle past Nobska lighthouse to Lackey's bay on Naushon island(and maybe even on up to Tarpaulin Cove). The 'gutters' into Hadley's harbor should have favorable current (for crossing from Lackey's bay into Hadley's harbor) until ~1330, so we can play in the tide races there and eventually cross over to Bull's island for lunch ashore. In the afternoon we can paddle downcurrent in Woods hole or cross back through the gutters to Lackey's bay before returning to Trunk River past Nobska. Current will be favorable both in the morning and for the return in the afternoon.
This is not a very long trip but offers a nice introduction to ocean currents and the Woods Hole passage.
Please let me know by the end of the day Thursday (6/28) if you are coming, as I will be away from the Internet on Friday.

Trunk river parking lot is opposite 155 Oyster Pond Rd, Woods Hole, MA. Setting your GPS to this address will bring you right to the turnoff to the parking lot.
norm

Re: Lackey's bay and Hadley's harbor 6/30

Post by norm »

Josko,

Sue and I were talking on Thursday that this trip sounded very interesting but we're both going to try to view the tall ships on Saturday.

Please keep posting these trips. Eventually our schedules will agree and we can get together.

Norm
josko

Post by josko »

Norm,

I'll keep at it, but as of now, I'm not expecting anyone on this trip. Still, I'll be in the Trunk River parking lot by 0830 and launch by 0900. (I'll be at the pie in the Sky bakery in Woods Hole before 0830.)
kmbgolf

Post by kmbgolf »

Hello there i am the one who saw you coming in to trunk river hope to join you on the 28.
josko

Post by josko »

Hi all, you missed a great trip. I took the time to really poke around the inside reaches on Lackey's bay, and it is pretty in there, indeed. There are even a few gray and harbor seals still hanging around.
I'll be running this trip again on 7/28 for the AMC. Here is the link to the AMC trip listing: http://activities.outdoors.org/search/i ... s/id/60690
We still have a few spots - if interested in coming along, please get in touch with ve via the link above so I can email you the AMC trip registration form.