Cohasset...again. Sunday July 22, afternoon

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Finn McCool

Cohasset...again. Sunday July 22, afternoon

Post by Finn McCool »

Anyone up for some exploration around Cohasset on Sunday, July 22nd? I'm planning to hit the water from the usual launch site around high-tide, 2:00 PM or so. Might head into the Gulf...and then out along the coast. Might even visit Minots, if the numbers and conditions permit. No real plan...just get on the water and go.

Should be a decent day.
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
norm

Re: Cohasset...again. Sunday July 22, afternoon

Post by norm »

I think I'll join you. I should have recovered enough energy by that late in the day to keep up with you in that water plow that you paddle.

Norm
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

Trip report...

Two turkeys paddled out toward Minots Light
But crosswinds and waves did put up a fight
Into the Gulf they wimped out and cruised
Instead of adventure, they mostly just snoozed.

The end.

:roll:
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
norm

Post by norm »

Thanks for not "ratting me out" as the chicken that requested we turn around. I didn't have confidence I could survive and brace properly if one of those broadside waves decided to break on top of me. They were getting pretty big as the afternoon winds were picking up! :shock:

Better safe than sorry, especially with just two of us out there.

I guess it's time I learn to roll, but even then, it would have been a combat roll out there in those conditions. I know Jordan...I need a high brace too for handling a breaking wave, but it's tough to find the real conditions where you can practice a high brace in a breaking wave. A half mile off-shore with one paddling buddy was not the time to fail trying something new.

Thanks for posting the trip. I still like cruising the Gulf river. :)

I hope the crew heading out on Tuesday night get some nice big "conditions" to practice in also. Wish I could join you.

Norm