Woods Hole/Vineyard sound Sunday 4/21

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

josko
antispam: No

Woods Hole/Vineyard sound Sunday 4/21

Post by josko »

I've been watching the weather like a hawk, and am becoming convinced (that Saturday will be a total blowout/rainout, but) we can get in a nice trip along the north edge of Vineyard sound on Sunday. I'm proposing to meet at Pie in the Sky bakey in Woode Hole at 930 or at Trunk river beach lot at 10, travel past Nobska point to Naushon and go up to Lackey's bay or further if we feel like it. Tides will be with us both ways. Wind is expected N 10-20 (probably lighter than anywhere else in NE), and we'll be partly protected by Falmouth and Naushon shorelines. There is one area that will have a 1/2 - 1 mile fetch towards the north, but the rest is in the lee with calm water. There are some decent tiderace and rock -hopping opportunities very close to our route.

If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP, and I'd be glad to send out more details
josko
antispam: No

Re: Woods Hole/Vineyard sound Sunday 4/21

Post by josko »

Launched (5 kayaks) at Trunk river by 1030, paddled past Nobska light, through Lackey's bay and on to Lunch in Tarpaulin cove. Great weather: bright sunshine, temps near 50's, 10-15 kt NE tailwinds on the way out, clocked to SE 10-15 on the way back. Outflow of Woods Hole was chopped up into a nice tiderace near Nobska light, but otherwise calm seas. Lots of sea ducks and harbor seals near the Elizabeth island rocks. All in all, a great day.
norm

Re: Woods Hole/Vineyard sound Sunday 4/21

Post by norm »

Glad you were able to get out. Wish I could have joined you.